Everyone still loving their 10?

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I gotta say I love my HTC 10 now more than ever especially after the 7.0 update which vastly improve my life. I'm so far going a day and five hours with 20% left so far.

jdballard

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I was thinking about upgrading my m8 to the 10. Is it a bad move, in your opinion?

I had the M8, although it was the Windows version, and now have the Android version of the HTC 10. I would definitely say it's an upgrade and worth it. I found the camera on the M8 pretty terrible, well I find the 10 camera is pretty good. Not the best out there, but still pretty good. I did like the dual front-facing speakers on my M8 but that wouldn't have been enough for me to keep it.

Last edited:

Stykthyn

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to retract my previous statements. I was issued a replacement phone due to my charging port burning out and the new phone is leaps and bounds better on every way. Screen is crisp. Previous phone never lost the pink hue and had light bleed through. Battery life is on ou
par with what everyone else but me was experiencing, and Wi-Fi is much improved. My first phone was a pre-order and it was clearly full of problems. The replacement feels like the flagship this phone was supposed to be. Makes me question HTCs quality control on final assembly.

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to retract my previous statements. I was issued a replacement phone due to my charging port burning out and the new phone is leaps and bounds better on every way. Screen is crisp. Previous phone never lost the pink hue and had light bleed through. Battery life is on ou
par with what everyone else but me was experiencing, and Wi-Fi is much improved. My first phone was a pre-order and it was clearly full of problems. The replacement feels like the flagship this phone was supposed to be. Makes me question HTCs quality control on final assembly.

Is the replacement not suffering from pink hue at all??? My one is pretty much perfect in every way apart from the pink hue issue! Its only apparent when tilted and in truth its not really that big a deal. I can live with it but if i thought it wasnt supposed to be that way and its an actual fault then i would contact HTC!! My understanding was that EVERYONE was experiencing pink hue and it was pretty much a case of not much you can do about it!!

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Is the replacement not suffering from pink hue at all??? My one is pretty much perfect in every way apart from the pink hue issue! Its only apparent when tilted and in truth its not really that big a deal. I can live with it but if i thought it wasnt supposed to be that way and its an actual fault then i would contact HTC!! My understanding was that EVERYONE was experiencing pink hue and it was pretty much a case of not much you can do about it!!
There's two panel manufacturers that htc used on the 10. One of them had that issue. Guess you were unlucky.

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
There's two panel manufacturers that htc used on the 10. One of them had that issue. Guess you were unlucky.

I have read reviews online from people who had both panels and both experienced pink hue. The only difference between the two panels seemingly was one is polarized vertically and the other horizontally for some reason!! Not sure what panel i have on mine to be honest but it looks pretty good. Its only an issue when tilted at an angle! Not a deal breaker but id rather it not be an issue at all of course

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have read reviews online from people who had both panels and both experienced pink hue. The only difference between the two panels seemingly was one is polarized vertically and the other horizontally for some reason!! Not sure what panel i have on mine to be honest but it looks pretty good. Its only an issue when tilted at an angle! Not a deal breaker but id rather it not be an issue at all of course
Never had a pink discoloration problem. Mine blanks out when in landscape and wearing polarized sunglasses. Would that be polarized horizontal?

Stykthyn

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site

new phone has none whatsoever and it has the same Tianma panel the original one did.

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Yep still love it. Always tempted by the next latest and greatest gadget but the 10 makes it hard to move on to something else. It gives me no cause for complaints. Even the Verizon updates are timely! (more or less)

Just curious. How is the Verizon version? How much bloat? I am thinking of getting a 10 and not sure if I should get the VZW variant or unlocked.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd go with unlocked if I had a choice and was doing it all over again. Nougat is rolling out to the unlocked versions now. Verizon's maybe in a couple months or more. Unwanted apps can be easily disabled and some include: Amazon, Amazon Kindle, DT Ignite, Google movies, Google Music, Hangouts, NFL mobile, Slacker, Support/protection, VZ Navigator to name most of them. I just disabled those I don't want and there is no performance issues by leaving them on the device but disabled so there is no battery draw. I don't think all those are Verizons usual stuff so could be some on the unlocked, Maybe someone will chime in with more info. The only advantage to unlocked are the quicker updates as far as I know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463