Issues connecting to Sprint? (AC HTC 10 Contest Winner)

youngusaplaya

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I won the HTC 10 during the Android Central contest a few weeks ago, I requested the Carbon Grey and instead they sent me the silver edition, but that's neither here or there. I'm glad I won the phone thanks guys :cool:, but I'm having issues trying to connect the phone to Sprint, I put in the sim but no dice (by the way I know sprint sims do not automatically connect like T-Mobile), my issue is trying to register the IMEI as the MEID. Does it need to be registered on the network first?I have the Nexus 5X and didn't have any issues or have to do anything extra to activate the phone, or is the phone they sent me possibly not unlocked at all?

youngusaplaya

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Solved: Thanks for the support guys /s

What US networks does the HTC 10 Unlocked edition work on?
The hardware for the unlocked HTC 10 will work fully on the following US LTE networks:

AT&T
Bell Canada
CellularOne
Consumer Cellular
Cricket
Fido
GCI (Alaska)
Koodo
MetroPCS
NET 10
Real Mobile
Simple Mobile
Straight Talk
Telcel America
Telus
T-Mobile
TracFone
Videotron
Voce Wireless
Wind
Additional carriers may be supported. To confirm, check with your carrier to ensure the bands listed below are supported.

OptimusTarzan

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Unlocked won't work on GSM networks, which is what Verizon and Sprint uses. Unlocked HTC 10s only work on CDMA networks like AT&T and T-Mobile. The sim slot isn't a network card, but a LTE card slot. So it will never work on Verizon nor Sprint. You have to get a Sprint or Verizon branded HTC 10. Its kind of common knowledge....

youngusaplaya

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah just like AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM not CDMA that would be sprint and Verizon wise guy unlocked usually means all major carriers like the moto x, nexus 6p, pixel, and nexus 5x go play smart somewhere else and realize I answered my own post.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Unlocked won't work on GSM networks, which is what Verizon and Sprint uses. Unlocked HTC 10s only work on CDMA networks like AT&T and T-Mobile. The sim slot isn't a network card, but a LTE card slot. So it will never work on Verizon nor Sprint. You have to get a Sprint or Verizon branded HTC 10. Its kind of common knowledge....

CDMA = Sprint / Verizon
GSM = TMO and ATT

you have it backwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci