Sense Home Ads?

Existence_Inc

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have now received 3 ads in 3 days through HTC Sense Home. I have advertising disabled, but that doesn't appear to matter. Is anyone else having this issue? This is the kind of bush league stuff that has kept me OFF of Android for so long. I like the 10, but this is ridiculous.

~Ex

Existence_Inc

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
AH_HA! There is a new option to disable Offers and Promotions with a long press of the home scree/options.

Just in case anyone else has had this issue, now it should be resolved.

~Ex

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Hadn't looked but thanks. I was getting annoyed by HTC pushing ads, esp since the ads were for the phone I was on. Stupid.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I have not noticed any adds yet. I'm not always on Sense tho. Glad for the fix if it does crop up. Pretty ballsy of them to throw adds into their OS.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but I'm confused. Long press of the home screen/options? Do you mean long press of an empty space which brings up the personalize menu to add widgets, etc?

Existence_Inc

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but I'm confused. Long press of the home screen/options? Do you mean long press of an empty space which brings up the personalize menu to add widgets, etc?

Yes. Long press any open space on the home screen now brings up a more elaborate settings pane. In that pane, you can select options and disable ads, ets.

~Ex

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Are we talking about Blinkfeed ads here? I have gotten regular HTC ads where the HTC icon shows up in the top left corner, but this is the only menu I'm pulling up when I long press an open space on my screen.

Screenshot_20161128-140921.jpg

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I saw Black Friday ads for 40% off HTC accessories in my notification bar but no obvious way to turn them off. I didn't find any settings options either. It was enough for me to switch to Google Now Launcher. NewsRepublic is awful anyway.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh wait, I have seen some ads in my notification bar. Really pissed me off, and I thought I had turn off all notifications from apps. I went back in and turned them off again.

Existence_Inc

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Are we talking about Blinkfeed ads here? I have gotten regular HTC ads where the HTC icon shows up in the top left corner, but this is the only menu I'm pulling up when I long press an open space on my screen.

No, they were promotional ads from HTC. There is a setting in the HTC Launcher to disable these ads. If you are using the newest HTC launcher, a long press on the home screen shows the following screen:

Under Sense Home Settings there are options to disable Ads, Offers, Etc. Hope that helps.

~Ex