New software update for US unlocked.

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Yea...I just installed and don't see any changes off hand yet.. But updated security to the Dec 1 patch and it did install without any problems... So that's good

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. Updating now.
Let's see if Nougat finally got rid of the app optimization step like promised!

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
*sigh*... while some HTC10 users are going for their second Nougat update, some of us are still waiting for Nougat to arrive some day, even in unlocked phones like mine...
Kind of disappointing to see such big different treatment per region... not only on Nougat stuff, it has been handled this way with the HTC updates, trailing on some, or even not receiving others with monthly security updates (mine is still on September 1...)

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
It makes since for HTC to concentrate on timely updates for the US market. Mainly because we Americans are stupid and think the cost of our phone determines our social status. The US market is most likely to buy flagship phones over any other. As to were the rest of the world seems to go for mid range and budget phones over flagships.

The only phones ever advertised in the US are flagship devices. I switch between my 10 and honor 8 which is less that half the price of my 10. I have never seen one add for any mid range phones in the US outside of the internet.

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Uploading now.
ecc6091f2744278c949aa0128f61bd3b.jpg

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
All seems to be working fine for me. I don't know why these updates often untick power saver when it leaves all my other settings intact, so that I get a faster power drain until I think to check the setting. :p

lontano

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, everyone. I had a problem with this update. I was stuck in the boot loop sequence - infinite boot loop from off to the first HTC screen and off again. Tech support was very helpful at HTC.com. In case anyone else has the same problem, the solution was to remove the memory card and hold down all three buttons at once. I had a few white screens like you'd expect to see for cache wipe, factory reset, etc, but they didn't stay on. It took a while but this trick eventually allowed the update to proceed. There was an "htc" screen that seemed to last too long, but it started up after a while.