Nougat Update Delayed!

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I read this today:

"Meanwhile, HTC 10 users will be dismayed as the Nougat rollout for the device has been delayed. HTC initially offered the update for the device in November but bugs marred the initial version. The company is expected to fix the bugs and come out with an improved version of the update soon."

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/galaxy-s7-s7-edge-android-123814924.html

The only bug that I can see is some random restarts that I have been having. I have had the update they released it in December.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I read this today:

"Meanwhile, HTC 10 users will be dismayed as the Nougat rollout for the device has been delayed. HTC initially offered the update for the device in November but bugs marred the initial version. The company is expected to fix the bugs and come out with an improved version of the update soon."

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/galaxy-s7-s7-edge-android-123814924.html
This is why HTCs 90 day promise is counterproductive. Why put software engineers under pressure to code an upgrade in 90 days... It will usually result in a rush job.. Better to wait for 7.1 version if that's ever released. Better still just don't bother upgrading. Marshmallow is the perfect fit for the 10. Nougat has some interesting features but not essential features imho.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This is why HTCs 90 day promise is counterproductive. Why put software engineers under pressure to code an upgrade in 90 days... It will usually result in a rush job.. Better to wait for 7.1 version if that's ever released. Better still just don't bother upgrading. Marshmallow is the perfect fit for the 10. Nougat has some interesting features but not essential features imho.
That's what the "community" wanted though. A commitment, with dates.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

No this is not true when I had 6.1 on my HTC 10 my bad life was horrible. Now on 7.0 why my life is amazing. Except for the occasional random restarts. Which I have had for 25 in the past 3 days. And I haven't changed anything in my habits or any apps. Good just been a bug that just crept up. I would say I've had the update since the second week of December. When they released it for the u.s. unlocked versions. I'm hoping they don't have the factory data reset my phone and that they update the phone to 7.1 or release the January security update which can have bug fixes built in.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
No this is not true when I had 6.1 on my HTC 10 my bad life was horrible. Now on 7.0 why my life is amazing. Except for the occasional random restarts. Which I have had for 25 in the past 3 days. And I haven't changed anything in my habits or any apps. Good just been a bug that just crept up. I would say I've had the update since the second week of December. When they released it for the u.s. unlocked versions. I'm hoping they don't have the factory data reset my phone and that they update the phone to 7.1 or release the January security update which can have bug fixes built in.
Ok fair enough, but from my general experience I was an 'early adopter' with lollipop and couldnt wait to get my hands on it for the HTC M8.... Anyways safe to say I wish I had waited, it was a disaster.... Now my update strategy is different... I frequent the forums such as AC and read up on what early adopters have reported. From what you and others have mentioned there obviously an issue with 7.0 so I won't be updating. When/if they release 7.1 i will do there same. I will wait for a few weeks/months before jumping in. By the way what was the battery life you were getting on Marshmallow? I get 6 hours SOT and I would describe my usage as medium/heavy. If Nougat can increase that battery time as some have reported then I would definitely look out for that when htc release a stable version (hopefully 7.1)

DJ Grand Theft Audio

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Ok fair enough, but from my general experience I was an 'early adopter' with lollipop and couldnt wait to get my hands on it for the HTC M8.... Anyways safe to say I wish I had waited, it was a disaster.... Now my update strategy is different... I frequent the forums such as AC and read up on what early adopters have reported. From what you and others have mentioned there obviously an issue with 7.0 so I won't be updating. When/if they release 7.1 i will do there same. I will wait for a few weeks/months before jumping in. By the way what was the battery life you were getting on Marshmallow? I get 6 hours SOT and I would describe my usage as medium/heavy. If Nougat can increase that battery time as some have reported then I would definitely look out for that when htc release a stable version (hopefully 7.1)

Reading around the forums, Nougat for the HTC 10 seems like a good update worthwhile upgrading.

Unfortunately for us M8 users we were treated like Crap. We were given dreadful updates full of bugs Lollipop and Marshmallow. Battery issues, WiFi issues, lag issues. The list is endless. After updating to lollipop my phone became Crap. When I got a warranty replacement a few months later after my power button became faulty. My new phone came with kitkat out of the box so I didn't update. And to this day I'm still thinking should I update. Angry M8 user here still on KitKat 4.4.

So for you htc 10 guys waiting for that update just be patient. Hopefully the bugs will be fixed and you guys will have flawless update making your phone great.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Reading around the forums, Nougat for the HTC 10 seems like a good update worthwhile upgrading.

Unfortunately for us M8 users we were treated like Crap. We were given dreadful updates full of bugs Lollipop and Marshmallow. Battery issues, WiFi issues, lag issues. The list is endless. After updating to lollipop my phone became Crap. When I got a warranty replacement a few months later after my power button became faulty. My new phone came with kitkat out of the box so I didn't update. And to this day I'm still thinking should I update. Angry M8 user here still on KitKat 4.4.

So for you htc 10 guys waiting for that update just be patient. Hopefully the bugs will be fixed and you guys will have flawless update making your phone great.
I agree with what you said about the M8. Infact, I have never rooted a phone because I am to scared to try but the M8 debacle has given me the reason to try to root such was the level of badness around the M8 updates.... With KitKat M8 was the best phone, legendary even I would say. With Lollipop and Marshmallow it was average.

funmonk01

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I have just downloaded the latest software update 2.41.709.3. Phone purchased in Hong Kong but the phone is Taiwanese and I am currently in Ukraine.

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I received a Nougat update (2.41.709.3) today. It was an uneventful procedure, and I even didn’t have to remove my SD card to be able to do it. So far, no restarts nor any bug that I could be aware of.

Last edited:

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I truly hope that the European version of the update comes with the bugs that were present on the American version properly squashed

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
There were bugs - my phone would not log into Google services after the 7.0 update, had to factory reset it to fix it!

Vizzy Ben

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone had any of the Bluetooth issues posted that were mentioned...Car connectivity etc? I use Bluetooth audio a lot so don't want to upgrade if it's going to cause problems

Sonic Sunglasses

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
The only bug I encountered with the original update was occasional lagging in connecting to wifi. I haven't seen it anymore with the last two updates. Bluetooth has been solid throughout.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any of the Bluetooth issues posted that were mentioned...Car connectivity etc? I use Bluetooth audio a lot so don't want to upgrade if it's going to cause problems

Yeah I've had connection problems in my car. It's an Acura and I had no problems when I originally paired the phone when on marshmallow. After an uh oh replacement came to me automatically updated on nougat, it hasn't connected at all. I think if you've already paired to your devices, you're fine with going through with the update. The problem is pairing, not connecting after already paired.

(Edit: I should also mention that I've gone through two uh oh replacements and neither have been able to pair up on nougat)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol