htc 10 keeps restarting please help

ilovemyhtc10

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
ok so I been with htc since the m7, m8, m9, now the ten. I bought it brand new in may. back in august the phone battery ran out and I tried to restart it and it never loaded again; it goes to the htc logo then restarts by itself. when I go into the bootload menu it says "official software s-locked" . I tried to do a wipe or factory reset it wont tho. I called htc I tried to do htc dev it didn't work. im really getting frustrated with it. im thinking of beating my anger out on the phone. the phone has a small crack on the screen., so when I called htc they said they'll fix the software along with any physical damage but id have to pay out of my pocket.. is ther any other way of rebooting this phone?

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
First off if you got it directly from HTC. Then you have uh-oh protection for a year. Shatter that ******* phone and get a replacement lol. Also you don't have to pay to fix a crack in the screen it's cover by uh-oh.

Did you at all unlock the boot loader and root the device. I ask because it was a huge pain in the *** to revert back to stock when I did it. The phone wouldn't boot for like 5 hours until I ran the Ruu like 3 times.

What do you mean by try the HTC device method?

Have you tried downloading the HTC Ruu and running that.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
First off if you got it directly from HTC. Then you have uh-oh protection for a year. Shatter that ******* phone and get a replacement lol. Also you don't have to pay to fix a crack in the screen it's cover by uh-oh.

Did you at all unlock the boot loader and root the device. I ask because it was a huge pain in the *** to revert back to stock when I did it. The phone wouldn't boot for like 5 hours until I ran the Ruu like 3 times.

What do you mean by try the HTC device method?

Have you tried downloading the HTC Ruu and running that.
Excuse my ignorance but If the screen is broke won't they just replace the screen? However I agree, in light of OPs plight I think that looks like the best option.

ilovemyhtc10

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
ok I did not buy the phone from htc. I got it off craigslist but it was brand new in the box never opened. so I don't have the uh oh protection which is stupid..

how do I unlock the bootloader?

I ment htc dev. if you go to the website, ther is htc dev, its supposed to be a program that helps you reboot the phone

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
If it was brand new in the box then you shouldnt have to worry about someone messing with the firmware.

Unlocking the bootloader allows you to root the phone and go s-off. Things you need not worry about.

Here is the guide to running the RUU which is the firmware.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s%2Fsupport%2Fhtc-10%2Fnews%2F&token=1D00iaI0

THIS IS FOR THE UNLOCKED HTC 10!!!

If you have either Sprint, TMobile, Verizon. You need to download that version of the ROM.

From what I can make of it. You are describing a boot loop. Which is frustrating and annoying and the do happen. By running the stock RUU/firmware update you are essentially setting this back to square one.

Try taking a look on the XDA forum and see if anyone else has had this issue and how they may have resolved it.

micheal 1

Aug 26, 2020
Visit site
hey guys, one the bugs in htc 10 is in camera default application that keeps htc phone keep restarting, uninstall it with rooting your device or disable it, it worked for me and i have not experienced any rebooting problem after doing this