11-12-2017 09:18 PM
63 123
tools
    Thank you! This ended up working for me. Good thing I tried this before doing a factory reset. My phone was having gmail sync issues, and then random apps started to hang at a blank screen, including play store. I thought i would have to reinstall the play store via APK but deleting Google Play Services data ended up fixing everything.
    I have had to do this 3 times since installing nougat. It's not that big of an issue but is annoying. I didn't have to before. I hope they fix it soon.
    04-25-2017 08:34 AM
    Since the security update last week (US/Sprint), I have been getting horrible battery life. I just wiped the cache partition, so we'll see if that makes a difference or not. Also noticed cell reception is worse, get the "Looking for service" often. I had already wiped it after the N update because of other issues, which are still ongoing as noted below as none were fixed by that:

- Two location icons in the notification bar: one always there, another appears with the flashing inner dot when the location is being accessed (i.e. using Maps, a weather app, MapMyFitness, etc)
    - Apps randomly fail to load with white/black blank screen and need to be closed and reopened to work
    - Apps launched from the notification shade don't always open (SlickDeals, Flipboard)
    - Google Play store fails to load - clearing the app data/cache fixes this
    - Google Now/On Tap/whatever it's called doesn't update the feed and high battery usage of Google Play Services - clearing app/data cache fixed this
    - Sprint ID failed to update, constantly

I know there are some other issues and glitches I can't remember right now.

App-specific issues, or not?
    - One Drive prompts to choose backup folder locations at every reboot/doesn't save the selections
    - Fitbit doesn't stay synced to receive text notifications nor unlock the phone with Smart Lock. Will work fine, then just stop working, then start working again. Often times I need to remove the pairing and repair it.

I've had HTCs for years (Hero, Evo 3D, One M7, and now the 10). I think this is the worst update with the most little bugs I've ever had, and the slowest response to get a patch...
    TheJediGoddess likes this.
    04-25-2017 03:20 PM
    I have had to do this 3 times since installing nougat. It's not that big of an issue but is annoying. I didn't have to before. I hope they fix it soon.
    Well make that 4 times and it's still not working. This is ridiculous. Lollipoop and now this? Bad release.
    04-29-2017 08:36 PM
    I have had exactly the same problems. I have an HTC one m9. I have been reading through the thread and would like to thank the people that suggested about turning off power saver mode. Its just worked and notifications are coming through. HTC need to sort this bug out immediately
    05-11-2017 10:35 PM
    I have had exactly the same problems. I have an HTC one m9. I have been reading through the thread and would like to thank the people that suggested about turning off power saver mode. Its just worked and notifications are coming through. HTC need to sort this bug out immediately
    I don't think thats a bug. Power saving mode is meant to turn off notifications to save power....
    05-12-2017 08:31 AM
    Hi all! I had the same problem as all the people in the forums described. I did all the things I red and for me the only thing that worked is that I deleted the app data from google play SERVICES! tried all the fixes I saw on bunch of forums but they did not work for me. I'm using HTC One A9 and had the same problem after the nougat update. tried to delete data from google play store, tried all the other things but only that one fixed my problem.

have a nice one!

cheerz
    05-15-2017 06:58 AM
    Hey guys i found a solution to this issue! Just go to power, click on battery optimisation, select all apps, select the app that's being an issue (gmail/play store for example), and choose don't optimise.
    Do that for every app that's being an issue.
    Cheers!
    Let me know if this helped
    06-10-2017 06:47 AM
    Hey guys i found a solution to this issue! Just go to power, click on battery optimisation, select all apps, select the app that's being an issue (gmail/play store for example), and choose don't optimise.
    Do that for every app that's being an issue.
    Cheers!
    Let me know if this helped
    Unfortunately this didn't work for me. Gmail doesn't receive the mail i sent from another device to myself when the power saver is on.

But thank you for sharing.
    06-11-2017 07:02 AM
    2 days ago, another awful chapter began on the catastrophic journey of me with HTC 10 after i received a security patch from HTC. After i installed the patch, software number changed to 2.41.401.41. Now my battery drains extremely fast. It is dropping 10% in 20 minutes just with regular internet page browsing.

I don't know what to do anymore. It has been almost 9 months since I've been using my phone crippled, now this happens. I am very regretful that i bought this phone.
    08-27-2017 01:00 AM
    Hi guys,
    Not sure if you've found a solutions to the nougat issues. I faced the same problem and I complain to HTC Malaysia n the product guy connected with me and taught me to disable power saver as nougat power saver literally off all background data.
    Well it does fixed this part of the issue frm nougat. However my phone still crash and hang once a month for no reason and and lately has new issue where my HTC 10 touch screen will stop responding after I've done with a phone call, n I had to do a hard restart.
    Anyone have a solution to this? I've factory reset my phone as per the HTC service guy's advice, but no difference it seems. It still hang and died on me!
    09-24-2017 07:46 AM
    Turn off power Saver and everything will work fine... except for your battery. I'm trying to figure out how to bypass this with taking apps off optimization..

https://productforums.google.com/for...w/Dyv19tdBAgAJ
    10-25-2017 07:57 PM
    Hi guys

I've been having issues with my HTC 10 for months and only just realised it was since updating nougat.

My battery drains super fast, and once it gets below 50%, opening an app will crash the phone and it will either reboot at the same battery percentage, reboot at 1% battery, or continuously reboot once it gets to the green HTC logo with sound.

Occasionally any widgets will disappear and animations will be turned on (I turn them off immediately because I'm not a fan) and the volte will be turned on.

Last weekend it crashed and I didn't have a charger with me, and the phone completely died. It wouldn't restart past the green logo at all. No sound, just stuck on green logo for about 9 minutes, then would start again, get stuck for 9 minutes, repeat. I cleared partition cache through recovery mode, reboot etc but nothing. Had to wipe my phone. Since syncing was using too much battery naturally I had it turned off so lost everything on my phone.

I used some of the popular battery apps and my phone seemed to be always awake even when the screen is off, with Android OS and google play services being the culprits. I thought it could be google fit app as it tracks walking etc while I'm moving so turned tracking off on that. I also turned off location completely (I usually have it on battery saving mode) and yesterday the battery only went down 10% in 8 hours barely using the phone, and when I purposely drained the battery, starting as many apps as possible, it got down to 25ŕ and didn't restart. Today at work it got down to 17% which took all day with me using it a lot too. Usually without using it I have to charge it 3 times in a day.

So then this afternoon I charged it completely and turned location back on to battery mode to see if it would be OK. When my phone got to 50% it rebooted itself and was at 1% battery when it restarted, with animations and volte turned on.

I have no idea why location services on battery saving mode are causing this, and I'll test the phone again tomorrow with it turned off, but if anyone has any other idea to what it could be I'd love to hear it

So it's been hard reset, completely wiped.
    Partition cache has been cleared.

Thanks.
    11-09-2017 07:41 AM
    Hi guys

I've been having issues with my HTC 10 for months and only just realised it was since updating nougat.

My battery drains super fast, and once it gets below 50%, opening an app will crash the phone and it will either reboot at the same battery percentage, reboot at 1% battery, or continuously reboot once it gets to the green HTC logo with sound.

Occasionally any widgets will disappear and animations will be turned on (I turn them off immediately because I'm not a fan) and the volte will be turned on.

Last weekend it crashed and I didn't have a charger with me, and the phone completely died. It wouldn't restart past the green logo at all. No sound, just stuck on green logo for about 9 minutes, then would start again, get stuck for 9 minutes, repeat. I cleared partition cache through recovery mode, reboot etc but nothing. Had to wipe my phone. Since syncing was using too much battery naturally I had it turned off so lost everything on my phone.

I used some of the popular battery apps and my phone seemed to be always awake even when the screen is off, with Android OS and google play services being the culprits. I thought it could be google fit app as it tracks walking etc while I'm moving so turned tracking off on that. I also turned off location completely (I usually have it on battery saving mode) and yesterday the battery only went down 10% in 8 hours barely using the phone, and when I purposely drained the battery, starting as many apps as possible, it got down to 25ŕ and didn't restart. Today at work it got down to 17% which took all day with me using it a lot too. Usually without using it I have to charge it 3 times in a day.

So then this afternoon I charged it completely and turned location back on to battery mode to see if it would be OK. When my phone got to 50% it rebooted itself and was at 1% battery when it restarted, with animations and volte turned on.

I have no idea why location services on battery saving mode are causing this, and I'll test the phone again tomorrow with it turned off, but if anyone has any other idea to what it could be I'd love to hear it

So it's been hard reset, completely wiped.
    Partition cache has been cleared.

Thanks.
    I too had weird major battery problems like your one when I updated from lollipop to Marshmallow on my old HTC M8. My phone was working on and then literally in a short time of updating to marshmallow I got premature battery death symptoms as you are describing. But ultimately I had to put it down to synchronicity and coincidence because ultimately what is happening to you sounds like a dying battery to me unfortunately. My old HTC M8 phone dies at 20% yours is dying at 50% but I suspect it is still indicative of a dying battery. How long have you had the phone?

If you have done a hard reset andit stil does that then see if your phone exhibits that behaviour in safe mode. If it does then I would guess as I mentioned that it's a battery issue. The phone is 18 month old now, I'm guessing between now on we will see more of these posts. I still wish I could replace the battery in my HTC M8 but it looks like a nightmare job... Phone shops is the way for the likes of me. Let us know if safe mode makes a difference, good luck!
    11-12-2017 09:18 PM
63 123