Problems after Nougat update (HTC 10)

JaxieJames

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys

I've been having issues with my HTC 10 for months and only just realised it was since updating nougat.

My battery drains super fast, and once it gets below 50%, opening an app will crash the phone and it will either reboot at the same battery percentage, reboot at 1% battery, or continuously reboot once it gets to the green HTC logo with sound.

Occasionally any widgets will disappear and animations will be turned on (I turn them off immediately because I'm not a fan) and the volte will be turned on.

Last weekend it crashed and I didn't have a charger with me, and the phone completely died. It wouldn't restart past the green logo at all. No sound, just stuck on green logo for about 9 minutes, then would start again, get stuck for 9 minutes, repeat. I cleared partition cache through recovery mode, reboot etc but nothing. Had to wipe my phone. Since syncing was using too much battery naturally I had it turned off so lost everything on my phone.

I used some of the popular battery apps and my phone seemed to be always awake even when the screen is off, with Android OS and google play services being the culprits. I thought it could be google fit app as it tracks walking etc while I'm moving so turned tracking off on that. I also turned off location completely (I usually have it on battery saving mode) and yesterday the battery only went down 10% in 8 hours barely using the phone, and when I purposely drained the battery, starting as many apps as possible, it got down to 25ŕ and didn't restart. Today at work it got down to 17% which took all day with me using it a lot too. Usually without using it I have to charge it 3 times in a day.

So then this afternoon I charged it completely and turned location back on to battery mode to see if it would be OK. When my phone got to 50% it rebooted itself and was at 1% battery when it restarted, with animations and volte turned on.

I have no idea why location services on battery saving mode are causing this, and I'll test the phone again tomorrow with it turned off, but if anyone has any other idea to what it could be I'd love to hear it

So it's been hard reset, completely wiped.
Partition cache has been cleared.

Thanks.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

I've been having issues with my HTC 10 for months and only just realised it was since updating nougat.

My battery drains super fast, and once it gets below 50%, opening an app will crash the phone and it will either reboot at the same battery percentage, reboot at 1% battery, or continuously reboot once it gets to the green HTC logo with sound.

Occasionally any widgets will disappear and animations will be turned on (I turn them off immediately because I'm not a fan) and the volte will be turned on.

Last weekend it crashed and I didn't have a charger with me, and the phone completely died. It wouldn't restart past the green logo at all. No sound, just stuck on green logo for about 9 minutes, then would start again, get stuck for 9 minutes, repeat. I cleared partition cache through recovery mode, reboot etc but nothing. Had to wipe my phone. Since syncing was using too much battery naturally I had it turned off so lost everything on my phone.

I used some of the popular battery apps and my phone seemed to be always awake even when the screen is off, with Android OS and google play services being the culprits. I thought it could be google fit app as it tracks walking etc while I'm moving so turned tracking off on that. I also turned off location completely (I usually have it on battery saving mode) and yesterday the battery only went down 10% in 8 hours barely using the phone, and when I purposely drained the battery, starting as many apps as possible, it got down to 25ŕ and didn't restart. Today at work it got down to 17% which took all day with me using it a lot too. Usually without using it I have to charge it 3 times in a day.

So then this afternoon I charged it completely and turned location back on to battery mode to see if it would be OK. When my phone got to 50% it rebooted itself and was at 1% battery when it restarted, with animations and volte turned on.

I have no idea why location services on battery saving mode are causing this, and I'll test the phone again tomorrow with it turned off, but if anyone has any other idea to what it could be I'd love to hear it

So it's been hard reset, completely wiped.
Partition cache has been cleared.

Thanks.

I too had weird major battery problems like your one when I updated from lollipop to Marshmallow on my old HTC M8. My phone was working on and then literally in a short time of updating to marshmallow I got premature battery death symptoms as you are describing. But ultimately I had to put it down to synchronicity and coincidence because ultimately what is happening to you sounds like a dying battery to me unfortunately. My old HTC M8 phone dies at 20% yours is dying at 50% but I suspect it is still indicative of a dying battery. How long have you had the phone?

If you have done a hard reset andit stil does that then see if your phone exhibits that behaviour in safe mode. If it does then I would guess as I mentioned that it's a battery issue. The phone is 18 month old now, I'm guessing between now on we will see more of these posts. I still wish I could replace the battery in my HTC M8 but it looks like a nightmare job... Phone shops is the way for the likes of me. Let us know if safe mode makes a difference, good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech