Problems after Nougat update (HTC 10)

sencerb

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

This is my first post and thread so if there is any mistake against the rules, I apologize in advance.

I've received Nougat update almost a month ago. Since then, the way the phone works is almost completely messed up. Here I want to share some highlights so some of you may have the same problem(s) and possibly the solution;

- Sync for Gmail is not working. I don't receive emails automatically. I need to check my emails by scrolling inbox screen down.
- Google Play is giving "Not Responding Error code 927" error all the time. I have to keep the screen open to update the apps. If I switch the screen or close the display, I receive this error.
- Can't close the recent apps with "clear all" button while the display is in landscape mode. It seems like they are closed, but they are not. I have to come to home screen which is portrait mode by default to close the recent apps with "clear all" button.
- Receiving Whatsapp messages are delayed. Sometimes, all of a sudden, I receive multiple messages all at once.
- Whatsapp settings can not be set properly. It behaves against what it is set.
- Location services are messed up. Weather is not updating regularly. Can't locate the current location real time.
- Facebook is constantly crashing with error displaying that asks wait or close.
- Some apps are not notifying i.e. when I receive a message from a supplier or a buyer.

Wish HTC release an update soon enough to fix these and other problems.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds messed up. I always restore back to factory fresh settings after any major system update. You might try that and reinstall your stuff individually rather than from a backup. Don't be in a rush to put it all back right away. Some apps are not fully implemented to android "N" yet either from what I'm hearing.
Look in settings under "about" for phone info.

kiryu888

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys ever since in received my HTC 10 7.0 update in UK. My phone battery has been reduced from a solid full day usage to a mere 3-6 hours even with on just standby. I have noticed the main culprit is the Android OS APP.

hope someone can help with how to solve this issue..

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
The best thing to do after a major update, that is causing issues. To do a factory reset. Pretty much fixes everything most the time. If that doesn't work, install the proper Ruu from the HTC dev website using your computer.

sencerb

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-25804

I didn't know about this. Thank you very much.

Meanwhile, I've just found that my gsm operator can pick my phone from my home to send it to authorized service center for a hardware issue. This has expedited my schedule. I'll try this when i get it back if they don't renew the software.

sencerb

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Had the same issues, turning off power save mode is the solution, HTC still has not released an update to fix this
Thank you very much.

Meanwhile, i've hard formatted my wife's HTC 10 to see if it helps but it didn't. Her phone had exactly the same problems. So hard format ruled out the wiping cache option i guess.

Please HTC hear us and release a fix.

xzvf

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have exactly the same issue with gmail, and also some calendar notifications were delayed randomly.
But thanks to SM-434's post, now it is working, thank you very much for the idea! :)
And thanks for you too sencerb, because I have almost factory reseted my phone for no reason... -.-

sencerb

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I have exactly the same issue with gmail, and also some calendar notifications were delayed randomly.
But thanks to SM-434's post, now it is working, thank you very much for the idea! :)
And thanks for you too sencerb, because I have almost factory reseted my phone for no reason... -.-

You are welcome :) My wife is using her phone mostly for whatsapp, Fb and candy crush so there weren't really many things to bring back after a format so I went directly for the ultimate solution LoL. However, I'll try & see what SM-434's said when I get my phone back from the service. Glad to hear it worked for you.

Anyway, we should not be in a position to sacrifice a vital feature like battery life for daily usage in order to make the phone work properly. HTC must deal with this problem a.s.a.p. In the mean time, I realized that this phone is my 3rd smartphone since Nokia Symbian and 3rd HTC. This phone happens to be my 2nd HTC with display problem out of total 3 phones that I've sent to service. If HTC neglects to deal with those Nougat problems and more (like display brightness stuck at the highest level after turning off the camera), it might be the last stone on top of my frustration pile.

BrnrdCvk

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't know what's with your phone(s). My already fantastic phone is even better after Nougat update. Battery life is at least 20% better, a little bit faster and smoother, no issues at all.

And brightness after turning off the camera is back to set level after a few seconds...

It's strange that both of your phones have the same issues.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what's with your phone(s). My already fantastic phone is even better after Nougat update. Battery life is at least 20% better, a little bit faster and smoother, no issues at all.

And brightness after turning off the camera is back to set level after a few seconds...

It's strange that both of your phones have the same issues.
Is your phone carrier or unlocked? This sometimes makes a difference with regard to update quality. For example, carrier branded phones usually have bloatware and someone's other under the hood modifications which can affect performance.

sencerb

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Had the same issues, turning off power save mode is the solution, HTC still has not released an update to fix this
I turned off battery saving mode on my wife's phone, the second i did this, phone was flooded with notifications from various apps which were like people rushing to a store on black friday.

K White1

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
That's a bummer. I'm not experiencing any issues since updating, fortunately. My only disappointment is, I was using the old HTC keyboard (listed in the Play Store as "HTC Sense Input") from the M7 to M9, which automatically changed to coordinate with my chosen theme. Now, when I apply HTC Themes, the keyboard remains the default white and gray.

Also, I made a mistake and liked this post. I hope I didn't report, as well.

Jwn10

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
Just worked through some app issues that cropped up after the 7.0 update. I had several that would initialize but then display a white screen. Thought they may need an update but found Google Play itself wouldn't run.

Cleared each app cache and removed Google Play updates to no avail. I then thought about using Chrome.

I removed a couple apps I had issues with and accessed Google Play through Chrome. It said the apps were still installed but I selected them again by pressing the "installed" button because they were not in my app list.

When they began downloading, I was prompted to accept terms for Google Play. It then began to run normally and I was flooded with 35 app updates.

The fact that the apps were removed but still indicated as being installed may point to a cache issue indicated in a previous post.

Last edited:

Garybean

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Since N7.0 battery saving policy changed, you may try below 2 steps.
1. Settings->Power->Battery optimization -> choose apps that you don't want to optimize.
2. Settings->Apps-> choose apps, for example, Gmail and check the data usage and enable/keep the Background data icon.
If you had enabled power saver and done above apps settings, you cannot receive notifications in N7.0 OS.

Hi all,

This is my first post and thread so if there is any mistake against the rules, I apologize in advance.

I've received Nougat update almost a month ago. Since then, the way the phone works is almost completely messed up. Here I want to share some highlights so some of you may have the same problem(s) and possibly the solution;

- Sync for Gmail is not working. I don't receive emails automatically. I need to check my emails by scrolling inbox screen down.
- Google Play is giving "Not Responding Error code 927" error all the time. I have to keep the screen open to update the apps. If I switch the screen or close the display, I receive this error.
- Can't close the recent apps with "clear all" button while the display is in landscape mode. It seems like they are closed, but they are not. I have to come to home screen which is portrait mode by default to close the recent apps with "clear all" button.
- Receiving Whatsapp messages are delayed. Sometimes, all of a sudden, I receive multiple messages all at once.
- Location services are messed up. Weather is not updating regularly. Can't locate the current location real time.
- Facebook is constantly crashing with error displaying that asks wait or close.
- Some apps are not notifying i.e. when I receive a message from a supplier or a buyer.

pwkim21

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

I've had all these same issues since the Sprint OTA update. Did you end up having to just reset the phone to factory?

sencerb

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I've had all these same issues since the Sprint OTA update. Did you end up having to just reset the phone to factory?

Yes. I hard reset the phone. It rebooted like the first time out of the box but with Nougat. My and my wife's phone still have the same problems.