Hey guys... just recorded some video at a show last night and while the picture quality is excellent, I'm not hearing any audio from it at all. I looked at the properties and it says there should be some present, but nothing else is showing me otherwise. Anyone else have this issue before or know of a possible solution, either for these or future reference? Hi-Res Audio was also on during these recordings as well.

Thanks!

Edit: I also did wonder if it had something to do with the Nougat update I did this weekend. But I recorded a short video today to test it out and the audio came up just fine.

Edit 2: After a quick Google search, I came across an old Samsung Note thread with a similar issue and maybe this is what happened? My phone was on silent at the time too. Ugh.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...no-sounds.html

I know this thread looks like it's been around for a while with no resolution, but I found it when encountering the same problem. I have since finally found out that if you record video with your phone on silent/vibrate then no audio is recorded. I do not know if this was the case for you but just in case others find this thread when encountering this issue I hope this info helps.

Edit 3: And after opening the video in a video editor I downloaded online, it appears that it DOES have audio on it. Very confused now! Maybe it's an MKV issue?
    03-03-2017 07:32 AM
    I have since finally found out that if you record video with your phone on silent/vibrate then no audio is recorded.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I have tried it, if recorded video on silent/vibrate mode, audio could be recorded, but you need to press the volume button to normal mode.
    03-06-2017 04:52 AM
    Yeah, I definitely got audio from those clips, but I think the MKV format is preventing it from playing on some programs (Windows Media Player, for example). Having trouble finding a codec for it to play on those things, but not a big deal since it plays on some programs anyway.

I don't think the silence issue is affecting me here as a result, but I wouldn't doubt it if it does for other people. Guess I lucked out there.
    03-06-2017 12:08 PM