Why can't I delete SD Card saved Photos on HTC 10 after Verizon Nougat Update?

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I, like many folks, downloaded and installed the Nougat update from Verizon on my HTC 10. The phone is now faster and I like the new update. The only glitch I've run into so far is an odd one. While I could delete photos from the SD Card with Google Photos (the stock gallery app on HTC 10) prior to the update, now when I try to do so, I get the permission prompts (granted) and then get a "can't delete, go to gallery to continue deletion" message and then the photo is reopened in Photos again.

The odd thing is that in an attempt to fix this, I deleted the data from Photos and restarted the app. Now I can delete any older photos from the SD Card, but can't do so for any photos taken since I cleared out the app. I can also delete the photos from the SD Card using the file manager and then delete the photo from Photos.

Anyone else have this issue and if so, could you fix it short of reformatting the SD card? I've already tried removing and replacing the card with no change aside from losing some music playlists. I'd prefer not to re-format the card, but if thats the solution.

I have an HTC 10, Verizon, latest update to Nougat.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had a lot of glitches trying to delete photos using Goggle Photos since the update. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. I think it's app related.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Google Photos, I use QuickPic and have not had the same issue. I am able to delete new pictures. I will say after the Nougat update QuickPic has crashed many times on me, but not when deleting.

korpsbe

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
Hello eveyone! A quick fix for the mentioned issue is the following:
1. Deactivate your phone.
2. Take off your SD card.
3. Activate your phone again. Problem fixed.
4. While phone is activated insert your sd card.
5. When it asks you if you want photos to be saved on sd card check "NO".
Issue solved.
Have a happy day!