What happened to my Gmail notifications?

skynny70

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I no longer receive Gmail notifications after updating to Nougat over the weekend. I have to open the Gmail app to see if I have email. Has anyone else experienced this? I am using an HTC10 on Verizon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved from the Nougat forum to the HTC 10 forum, since it's more likely to be a device-specific issue.

Check the Settings>Data Usage menu to make sure Restrict Background Data isn't turned on. Also, do you have any power-saving modes turned on?

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I no longer receive Gmail notifications after updating to Nougat over the weekend. I have to open the Gmail app to see if I have email. Has anyone else experienced this? I am using an HTC10 on Verizon.

I hate to ask the obvious, but did you check to make sure sync is set as you want in GMAIL? I had to clear data and cache on GMAIL to get it to even stay open so you may want to try that but you will loose your settings for gmail.

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site

I'm having the same issue. I did a clean install today - still no Gmail notifications.

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine stopped a while ago (long before Nougat) for some reason. I still get my unread count badge (using nova launcher and tesla unread app) but that's it.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine were working OK after the update but have since stopped. My SMS count still works. Not that big of a deal for me, kinda weird is all.

skynny70

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I turned off the Data Saver app and that seems to have fixed the issue but I am not sure that was it or not because I selected to allow gmail and other Google services to run first in Data Saver and nothing changed. I noticed Google Drive and something else hadn't been updating either in Data Saver. I have since turned off that feature and everything seems back to normal.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I've never had data saver turned on and still have the issue. Funny is it was working fine until a couple of days after the update. SMS so far still gives me a badge count. Not that big a deal to me not having it on my gmail. Can live without it but prefer to have it.

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site
And out of nowhere...my Gmail notifications are back. I never cared enough to try to fix it so it definitely happened on its own. Must have been an app update or something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae