Who believes that Samsung and LG make great refrigerators, Sony makes great TVs ....And HTC makes a great phone?
    04-04-2017 11:32 PM
    I've heard Samsung refers aren't that great, to many issues. Doubt I'd buy one. But the HTC 10 is a def home run device. I see no reason to not keep it another year at least. The new stuff coming out is seriously not at all exciting. Not worth shelling out more cash to get a processor that's milli-deconds quicker? Or a screen that's a tad sharper? Not worth it IMO. Innovations have slowed down as I think they've been done for the most part. But the HTC 10 is a winner and built for the long haul.
    04-05-2017 02:19 AM
    I see no reason to not keep it another year at least.....But the HTC 10 is a winner and built for the long haul.
    Yup +1+1+1+1.....I think the pressure sensitive edge on the U is an interesting feature - want to see the capability mature before making final judgement. My wife will be disappointed to learn she will not be getting my 10 as a hand me down this year
    McDoogie likes this.
    04-05-2017 09:08 PM
    As long as HTC makes premium devices they will have my business. Samsung has a very high failure rate in almost everything they make. Don't understand why so many keep buying Samsung products. I can guarantee I wouldn't buy a Samsung product without getting an extended warranty. The HTC 10 was imo the best phone of 2016 and so far 2017 followed by the pixel.
    Dutch R likes this.
    04-05-2017 10:13 PM
    As long as HTC makes premium devices they will have my business..... The HTC 10 was imo the best phone of 2016 and so far 2017 followed by the pixel.
    Historically, I have went back and forth between HTC and whoever was making the Nexus devices (gave the 2014 Moto X a try as well)....I want to see the latest HTC phone next month - have a feeling it will be between that phone and a pixel (if I decide to part with my 10, which isn't​ likely). A big part of the 10's appeal is how the UI is not too busy and nexus-like.
    James E1 likes this.
    04-06-2017 06:49 PM
    Historically, I have went back and forth between HTC and whoever was making the Nexus devices (gave the 2014 Moto X a try as well)....I want to see the latest HTC phone next month - have a feeling it will be between that phone and a pixel (if I decide to part with my 10, which isn't​ likely). A big part of the 10's appeal is how the UI is not too busy and nexus-like.
    Also the fact that HTC's premium phones never seem to encounter slow-down.
    James E1 likes this.
    04-07-2017 03:24 AM
    Who believes that Samsung and LG make great refrigerators, Sony makes great TVs ....And HTC makes a great phone?
    LG makes awesome appliances. I have a fridge and washer and dryer from them and they are great.

Makes me want to try the G6
    04-08-2017 11:29 AM
    I have a solid LG TV that I bought in 2011 (w/o all the bells and whistles, which is fine by me). But yeah, I definitely prefer the consistency of a HTC phone. I've had issues with my two prior HTC phones (camera failing, charger not working), but I think every phone has that to some extent. Some iPhones crack easily, some Samsung devices develop lines in the screen and whatever, etc. Sprint has been good about replacing those devices in the past too and I have insurance currently, so it's a pretty minimal concern for me at this point.

Overall, the experience in having HTC phones has been positive, and like cbreze said so well, I really have no reason for getting rid of it this year as the current flagships aren't giving me a reason to do so. The only way that might happen is if next year's flagship comes short in some respects when compared to others.
    Dutch R likes this.
    04-10-2017 11:43 AM
    @Larry 609 ..... Consistent reliability is a good way to describe my experience as well....The thing about the 10 is that first and foremost it is a phone - features such as DAC the lean presence of Sense are nice as well.
    04-10-2017 02:28 PM
    HTC still wins by far for me personally in phones, and Ive used all the other flagships for awhile via friends. The other just dont do it for me the way HTC does. So until HTC does me wrong, I will always have an HTC while waiting to swap a new HTC when the time comes.
    Dutch R likes this.
    04-10-2017 02:54 PM
    Case or naked? I'm naked currently. So beautiful.
    04-12-2017 01:14 PM
    Initially, for 3-4 months, I used a case - am naked now....as I am typing this ;-)
    04-12-2017 02:07 PM
    Naked.. Always
    Dutch R likes this.
    04-13-2017 01:35 AM
    I do like HTC a lot. I liked the M8 and have always been hoping for the day that I could buy an HTC device. I definitely think they make good phones.
    Dutch R likes this.
    04-13-2017 10:28 AM
    I dunno, I really like my LG G5. I know people rag on it but it has been a great performer in every area that matters to me. I buy my phone's on eBay and it was 150 less than the 10 so I went with it.

So far I have no regrets.
    Dutch R and Larry 609 like this.
    04-13-2017 03:08 PM
    .... it was 150 less than the 10 so I went with it.

So far I have no regrets.
    Being happy with a phone is the bottom line .... cost is a factor and should be considered....I think I may be at the point where I am willing to pay for phone that does not include layers of proprietary UI and feature "enhancements" ....Just give me a phone that does everything well with proven hardware and software :-)

I had an LG G4 for a few months before the 10...Loved the camera...Loved the feel of the phone in my hand...Hated the UI after awhile...

How do you like the UI on your LG?
    04-13-2017 11:10 PM
    I've had really great luck with my LG appliances and with this HTC 10.
    Dutch R likes this.
    04-16-2017 08:41 AM
    I loved my HTC 10 but the 2 times i had to deal with thier support was enough for me to sell it. I never in my life want to call HTC again. The absolute worst people work for them. They will flat out tell you the worst lies ever. I was told that my UH-OH replacement was delayed because they ran out of the 10, dude told me 100% out even if I called to buy a new one they would be out. They make great devives that are ruined by the worst customer service. I will never own another device made by them till I die.
    Dutch R likes this.
    04-17-2017 04:17 AM
    I've heard Samsung refers aren't that great, to many issues. Doubt I'd buy one. But the HTC 10 is a def home run device. I see no reason to not keep it another year at least. The new stuff coming out is seriously not at all exciting. Not worth shelling out more cash to get a processor that's milli-deconds quicker? Or a screen that's a tad sharper? Not worth it IMO. Innovations have slowed down as I think they've been done for the most part. But the HTC 10 is a winner and built for the long haul.
    +1

Samsung isn't that great at making ovens either.

In other news I very much wanted the HTC 10. T-Mobile unfortunately didn't offer it anymore when I went to buy it. I took a G5 instead. Now I have the G6 and I don't think I could be happier with a phone other than getting my Note 4 back.

The G6 really is great but the HTC10 will be one of those devices I pick up for $50 one day 3 years from now because I always wanted one. HTC has them on their site for nearly the same price that they were last year and they're holding their value too well lol. I hope the HTC U 11 (stupid stupid name) successfully carries the torch. I'd love to see HTC on top again.

...The Ultra should have been scrapped :x. It only hurts HTC.
    04-22-2017 07:24 AM
    This will be my last HTC device I think. Loved the m8 and was really bummed to have to give it up. love Samsung's devices but hate paying to fix them after I drop one.
    04-26-2017 04:37 PM
    This will be my last HTC device I think. Loved the m8 and was really bummed to have to give it up. love Samsung's devices but hate paying to fix them after I drop one.
    The U 11 will be phone of the year.
    04-27-2017 03:52 AM
    U11 doesn't have 3.5mm Jack, so my 10 will be the last HTC phone for me...
    05-31-2017 01:08 AM