TouchPal Sense Keyboard alert?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Woke up to this alert from the playstore. Saying in effect that this is not a good KB because it can track you. Furthermore I should disable it for the security of my HTC 10. Wondering if anyone else received this alert. We seemed to be tracked no matter what we do these days so I'm thinking if it's not this KB it would just be another or something else. Being OEM and native to the 10 I guess doesn't matter. Used to worry about 3rd party stuff. I guess tracking is the new normal.

Last edited:

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have TP disabled and use Google keyboard but I am sure my wife would have let me know immediately if she got the notice.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Woke up to this alert from the playstore. Saying in effect that this is not a good KB because it can track you. Furthermore I should disable it for the security of my HTC 10. Wondering if anyone else received this alert. We seemed to be tracked no matter what we do these days so I'm thinking if it's not this KB it would just be another or something else. Being OEM and native to the 10 I guess doesn't matter. Used to worry about 3rd party stuff. I guess tracking is the new normal.

This is what I got when I upgraded to Nougat on Verizon last week... wasnt sure what to do either

Screenshot_20170401-212722.jpg

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what they mean by "damage".
After updating I forgot to reload and install Gboard. So I've done that and have disabled touchpal.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The alert says it's from "play store" not Verizon. Apparently "touch pal" is the new OEM kb that comes with HTC Sense these days. It's good that Google lets the end users know of possible ramifications of using "touch pal". I have always installed the Google kb but forgot to reinstall it after the "N" update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20