HTC 10 - how to PERMANENTLY disable Nougat 7.0 update

Ben2121

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
My HTC 10 has Android OS, v6.0.1, and I NEVER want it to be updated to Nougat 7.0 (intentionally or unintentionally), because I have a app that only works on v6.0.1.

Is there a way for me to PERMANENTLY DISABLE the update so my phone ALWAYS remains with Android OS, v6.0.1?

Also if by accident it got updated to Nougat 7.0 - is there a way for me to revert it back to OS, v6.0.1?

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.
Thank you

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I believe you need to be rooted to have that control. To go back once you get "N" you'd def need root access if it's even possible. XDA dev might have a solution for going back, but root is a must. As for getting surprised with the update I rather think you can put it off for awhile but not sure how long. Consider rooting maybe. Sounds like you prefer to have more control and root would give you that.
Alternately maybe contact the dev of the app you're wanting to keep using. Maybe they plan on updating it for "N".

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
You should be able to disable automatic updates and turn off push notifications. This was brought up in XDA when the Note 7 was being recalled and no one wanted the update that would limit battery charging to 60%.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
My HTC 10 has Android OS, v6.0.1, and I NEVER want it to be updated to Nougat 7.0 (intentionally or unintentionally), because I have a app that only works on v6.0.1.

Is there a way for me to PERMANENTLY DISABLE the update so my phone ALWAYS remains with Android OS, v6.0.1?

Also if by accident it got updated to Nougat 7.0 - is there a way for me to revert it back to OS, v6.0.1?

Thank you
I'll the same as you...I don't want to update to Nougat because Marshmallow works fine enough for me... And I haven't seen any scientific evidence that Nougat brings better performance in fact all evidence that I've seen points to it being worse...

Anyways...I install Greenify, then greenify the 'update' app. As soon as Greenify detects it being loaded it shuts it down.

dsavoy66

Aug 21, 2017
Visit site

Thank you

Try this : long press on update notification
Press on "i" icon
Again press "i"icon
Press "almacenamiento y USB" ( i have spanish interface)
Press "borrar datos"
Press "aceptar"
Done! , The notification dissapear

If you go to settings/about (last line)/software updates ,and press it, notification will rise again

Last edited: