Assistant is hard to wake up

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The Google assistant works fine except for one problem. It won't wake up unless I'm holding the phone or no more than a couple of feet away. And of course the screen needs to be on if it's not plugged in.
Pretty lame IMO and disappointing as well. My backup phone is an iPhone and Siri will wake from a sound sleep from clear across the room. So I'm pretty disappointed in this feature. So if my hands are in the dishwater and the phone is sitting on the counter it is a useless assistant. I don't get what everyone is raving about.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
The Google assistant works fine except for one problem. It won't wake up unless I'm holding the phone or no more than a couple of feet away. And of course the screen needs to be on if it's not plugged in.
Pretty lame IMO and disappointing as well. My backup phone is an iPhone and Siri will wake from a sound sleep from clear across the room. So I'm pretty disappointed in this feature. So if my hands are in the dishwater and the phone is sitting on the counter it is a useless assistant. I don't get what everyone is raving about.

How the **** do I get it on my HTC 10?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
You don't have it yet? Are you in the U.S.? No idea why not? You can have mine, it's not very receptive tho. Mostly just sleeps. ;)

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
It comes through a Google app update not a phone update... I've read some ppl had to go to the app and toggle it on for some reason but mine just started after my app updated

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm in Peru with my phone setted in english and have Google assistant, just hold home button, I know that english phones are forced to use google asistant, and if you want to go back to Tap, you must only choose another english languaje in the app that is not supported, like antillas english o some like that.
If I back my phone to spanish, assitant gone and returns tap

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Peru with my phone setted in english and have Google assistant, just hold home button, I know that english phones are forced to use google asistant, and if you want to go back to Tap, you must only choose another english languaje in the app that is not supported, like antillas english o some like that.
If I back my phone to spanish, assitant gone and returns tap
Really... This works? I need to try this.. I preferred now on tap

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I was have one the same problem on my unlocked USA 10.... I uninstalled the updates for the Google app and then you re-install the updates ...when you reinstall the updates I got to Google assistant

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
It seems this post was hijacked by the how do I get it folks, but you are correct.

Google now would always respond when plugged in from across the room, but Assistant never seems to respond. If i woke up at night and said "OK Google what time is it," it used to respond, even when the phone was across the room charging. Now I get nothing. Even holding the phone, I have to press the mic icon or hold the home button to get a response.

Whatever they did they broke what use to work.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
It seems this post was hijacked by the how do I get it folks, but you are correct.

Google now would always respond when plugged in from across the room, but Assistant never seems to respond. If i woke up at night and said "OK Google what time is it," it used to respond, even when the phone was across the room charging. Now I get nothing. Even holding the phone, I have to press the mic icon or hold the home button to get a response.

Whatever they did they broke what use to work.

Yeah my assistant is very lame when it comes to waking up. Unless I'm sitting right in front of it with the screen on it's a "no show" and I may as well just push the button. Siri is miles ahead of this a$$-istant. I like the time check feature in the middle of the night. Siri nails it from across the room as well as anything else I want to know. Or turn Pandora on as I'm laying in bed. I need to physically handle the 10 in order to get my a$$-istants A$$ out of sleep mode. I rarely use it. a major disappointment IMO.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I changed my language to English (Ireland) and it went back to now on tap which I prefer over Google Assistant... Now on tap just seem to be more useful and the screen search and being able to select anything I want to copy or share is a major plus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance