Still a worthy device? Coming from IP6+ and 3t

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using the iPhone 6s Plus having had the oneplus 3t. Not a fan of the big phones been looking at the htc 10 if not the Sony X compact.

Just wondered if htc 10 is a worthy device still? I'm worried what it's like in terms of the smoothness and fluidity etc. Size wise, is it bulky?

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 10 now for almost a year and I can say you won't have to worry about smoothest or fluidity even got better after the Nugett update so if that's your major concern no problems with the 10 . The unlocked American HTC 10 just got the April security update in so HTC's been very good about the security updates... so I'm assuming we will get the Oreo update before any other non-nexus or pixel cell phones like we did with the 7.0 update .

Size wise it's a little bigger than the iPhone 6s but it's smaller than the 3t it's not a light device you need to go see one at a store though I guess maybe that's not too easy.

For me the only downside that I've had with this phone is the Wi-Fi range not the speed but the range... it doesn't seem to connect to the Wi-Fi from the greatest distance ... where my iPhone 7 will connect to the Wi-Fi but my HTC won't but if I get a little closer the speed is the same but the range is the issue.

I would just wait for their $200 sale to kick in which I think would happen pretty soon being the 11 will drop on us next week or the week after so I would think the 10 is going to drop quite a bit in a week or two so I would just wait .

Stykthyn

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
For the money I think there are better options. It's a solid device but given the small cost difference between the 10 and the current flagships I don't see a reason to get one.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
How about a good used one on Swappa? Could be an option. My 1 year old HTC 10 is till as smooth as ever and as stated above the Nougat update if anything made it smoother still. Love the phone but also have an iPhone 7 and size wise I prefer it over the 5.2" 10. But this is personal preference. Had 3 Phab size phones in the past couple of years and never again for me, to dang big. Hard to pocket. Google "phone size compare" and see a side by side size comparison. Very helpful along with spec comparisons.

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
The main reason I'm on HTC 10 over OP3T is audio, OP3T is a excelent phone, but I'm looking for excelente audio, good construction, good support, and very smooth android.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
For the money I think there are better options. It's a solid device but given the small cost difference between the 10 and the current flagships I don't see a reason to get one.
What do you mean small difference? Wasn't the phone on sale for like $399 not too long ago? Idk how much it is now but I know they were having a huge sale and seem to do often

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Is the HTC 10 still a worthy device? Absolutely!

I recently moved from a Nexus 6p to the HTC 10, and could not be more satisfied with the phone. For me the Nexus 6p always felt a little too big for my taste. The HTC 10 is a great size.

Speed-wise it is smooth as butter. The user interface is quick and fluid. Plenty of punch for any game you want to toss at it.

And, if you are a wise shopper, you can get one for a good price too. I did. Got mine directly from HTC. :)

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine is still very very smooth. And as others said, the audio, if you are into that, is top notch. That is one of the big reasons I stick with HTC.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My HTC 10 is still smooth as glass or silk. And I got it used about 10 months ago for $300 off. Best used phone experience I can recall. To digress a bit,
I guess I've been spoiled by dual speakers over the past couple of years. Doubtful I'd get a phone without them. It's not because I like to sit and listen to music thru them, although it does sound great , it's more the quality of the fullness and richness of any sound that comes thru them. From a simple speaker phone call to some really good tone quality when it simply alerts me to a call or message. Then the white noise I use at bedtime is awesome, a rich full quality sound and very soothing. Duals should be standard on flagship quality phones. The pixel for instance cost a bundle and has a tiny and tinny speaker that detracts from the premium experience IMO. Was enough to turn me off from them. The XL was a tad south of a grand, with a crap speaker? The several I tried all sounded cheap which cheapens the overall experience. Just my .02

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I have read lots of threads about wifi issues with the HTC 10. Slow wifi speeds and connections dropping. Has this been fixed? Does anyone know how widespread this problem is? Thinking about pulling the trigger on the 10 but the wifi issues are giving me second thoughts.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I ever had with the wifi connection was the distance away from the router. I solved that by resetting my default from 5.0 GHz to 2.4GHz. No more issue and always works fine.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have had no problems with my wifi. It is just as strong as my Nexus 6p was. Speed-wise no problems either.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I don't have a single complaint with my HTC 10. Some of the reviews I read, all from back when the phone was first released, made mention of weak wifi, some knocked the screen in bright sunlight, and a few said the battery life was average at best.

I have not experienced any of those issues. Comparing it with the Nexus 6p I had, the wifi is just as strong, the display is just as readable in bright sunlight, and the battery life has been better.

Maybe HTC made tweaks to fix those things. Not sure. All I know, is my HTC 10 is great, and I have no reservations about recommending it to anyone.

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I gotta say the dac is much better on the axon7 then the HTC 10 IMHO.

Maybe the dac, but in sound testing with real music, people love the htc 10 sound, anyway, here in my country there are not chances to test an Axon 7, import result expensive than the htc 10.
The only bad thing about the Axon 7, is that is ZTE, and its android is terrible

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I think depending on which website you read ...some say the HTC 10 has a better one, some websites say the axon 7 has a better dac ...from personal experience I think 10 sounds better,but either would be a step above most other phones.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
After one year debating myself I decided I could not bear my M8 top speaker distorting sound anymore and finally ordered the HTC 10.
I hope I wont regret it since I still have mixed feeling about buying it since I otherwise just love my M8. Love the camera, the looks and feel, the screen, the headphone sound quality, the smoothness and speed, etc etc. It´s 3 years old so that is impressive, when I had Samsung one year after I just wanted to upgrade. But the crackling sound on the M8 was getting on my nerves, it distorted the sound even in phone calls and my repair shop tried 3 different replacement speakers and could not fix the issue.
I considered the HTC 11 U but I hate glass phones.
Any advice regarding USB C cables? Can just I use a cheap USB to USB-C adapter from eBay?

Cheers