Why is my 4G LTE Connection So Slow? Issues with Network Settings?

A

AC Question

So I just bought this phone second-hand, but it was Stock A condition, so all good. However, I'm experiencing issues with the 4G connectivity. My HTC 10 connects great with WiFi, it's not that issue that I've read so much about. I'm on Page Plus, which uses Verizon's network, and I've already checked in with them about their nano SIM card. I've tried to reach out to HTC Support, but again, their only answer was to factory reset the phone.

Whenever I play around with the network settings, I notice I can't change much. Here are a few things I've noticed, not sure if any are related, because I'm a bit of a noob to cellular connections:

• When I first got the phone, it’s preferred network was Global mode. I switched that to LTE/CDMA because that’s what Verizon/Page Plus uses.
• I changed the Data Roaming option from “Deny roaming” to “Allow access to all trips.” But it’s never tried to roam, the Roaming state is always on “Not roaming.”
• Under my CDMA Options, it has APNs. It is only connected to Verizon Internet (tracfone.vzwentp). When I try to add an APN, it opens up, let’s me type in the APN slot, but no matter what I type, it will not Save because “The Name field can’t be empty.” But it won’t let me edit any other slot than VPN.
• When I open up Network Preference to the Network Preference List, all of the ones listed are GSM/UMTS, but Verizon doesn’t use those? At least, I didn’t think so. It’s a long list, with names like “310110,” “Cell,” “UNICOM,” “JP DOCOMO,” etc.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I think I would take it into a Page Plus store, and if they can't help maybe go into Verizon and see if they can help....

khawley

May 24, 2017
Visit site
I think I would take it into a Page Plus store, and if they can't help maybe go into Verizon and see if they can help....
Finally just made an account, this is my submitted question.

Yeah, the problem is that's a bit far away. I may just need to do it. I'm going to try and reset my phone one last time tonight to see if I can get any of this to stop.