Anyone leaving their 10 for the U11?

Dutch R

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I love my 10 - however I pre-ordered the U11 because it is a low risk venture, considering the 30 day money back guarantee. I will keep it if I like it. :)

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
To big. Sticking with the 10. I'm also probably one of the few who do not care for the glass backsides phones come with these days. My 10 is still smooth as silk even tho over a year old. It just works and does everything I need of it .

Jjeune

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered the u11 unlocked day it was announced and will sell my unlocked 10. U11 sounds promising. I think HTC make the most reliable and best looking phones but just don't have good marketing to outsell the others. However, I've stuck with them for the past 6 years. Hope the U11 sale brings good fortune for them.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
It all depend on the price (still no clues here) and audio from the adapter usb c to 3.5mm, lot of confusion about it as only one review talked about it and a couple of HTC testers.
The G6 is not bad at all and already at a very cool price, if only it had some custom roms...

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Have loved my 10 but I hear the sound of the U11 calling. Anyone else?
Just press your palms against your ears when you hear the U11 calling. This way you won't hear it.
Or you could just plug your 3.5mm headphones in your HTC 10 which has a 3.5mm headphone jack and starting listening to some music whenever you hear the U11 calling.
Sounds good?

SkypilotOfHope

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just press your palms against your ears when you hear the U11 calling. This way you won't hear it.
Or you could just plug your 3.5mm headphones in your HTC 10 which has a 3.5mm headphone jack and starting listening to some music whenever you hear the U11 calling.
Sounds good?

Lol. My U11 arrives Monday. I ordered the Amazing Silver colour. The 10 has been a great phone!

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
It looks like a solid device. I love the colors of the phone. Im more than happy with my 10, but if a deal came along I might be tempted. I have to go see one in person first though.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch. Loved the M 10. I really love the U 11. It feels really great in my hand. It's faster. The radios seem stronger. The battery lasts longer for me. The screen looks better. The camera is amazing! The boom sound speakers are better sounding and a little louder. The U Sonic headphones sound great! I'm on Sprint and now have WiFi calling again. I don't usually buy a new phone after only a year, but in this case, I'm glad I did.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I had been all prepared to use my 10 for another year but then I got a hands on with the U11 and all that went out the window...my U11 arrived yesterday and my 10 is now my backup phone. The U11 is just so fast, the screen has a lot better viewing in daylight, the camera is fantastic, and it looks like the battery life is better too. I am also noticing that the radios and wifi seem to be much better. Only thing I wish it had of the 10's is the size, I have kind of petite hands, but I had the Moto X Pure before the 10 so I will get used to it again.

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I had been all prepared to use my 10 for another year but then I got a hands on with the U11 and all that went out the window...my U11 arrived yesterday and my 10 is now my backup phone. The U11 is just so fast, the screen has a lot better viewing in daylight, the camera is fantastic, and it looks like the battery life is better too. I am also noticing that the radios and wifi seem to be much better. Only thing I wish it had of the 10's is the size, I have kind of petite hands, but I had the Moto X Pure before the 10 so I will get used to it again.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat tempted by the specs and such that I've been reading about it. I'm still pretty happy with the 10 and could also see using it until next June, but a phone with better brightness, speed and camera does sound kinda great. That and I might be a fan of how these newer Android phones seem to be squeezing five apps per line on a home screen instead of four, which could make my phone use slightly easier as a result.

In the end, I suppose I'd be a tad annoyed buying two or so doggles for the current headphones and being unable to charge it at the same time. But if this is a trend everyone's moving towards, I might not have much of a choice down the road anyway. Not sure about the back glass cover either as compared to prior HTC phones I had, but I also use a case most of the time. So yeah.

Might play around with one at a Sprint store if they have it. Otherwise, I might be able to hold off until the next flagship next year, depending on how it compares with the other ones out there.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
158851.jpg That and I might be a fan of how these newer Android phones seem to be squeezing five apps per line on a home screen instead of four, which could make my phone use slightly easier as a result.

Like this? Changed my "Screen Size" to Small and my "Font Size" to Large in my 10's Display Settings and voila'! Five-icon rows!

SkypilotOfHope

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, even though I left my 10 for the U11, I am migrating back to my 10. I believe my U11 was defective as there was an annoying intermittent high-pitch squeal with various calls and my U-Sonic headphones were defective too.

The jump from the M9 to the 10 was significant for me; the move from the 10 to the U11 not as much. Nevertheless, it's blazingly fast, edge sense is the real deal, it's gorgeous (and slippery), and it's worth it if you want to upgrade.

That said, from day one I really liked my 10. Gonna learn into it for a while longer. Maybe the U12 (if there is a next iteration) will do away with bezels.

SkypilotOfHope

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, I lasted a mere 3 days. Saw the red and couldn't resist. My defective unit is traveling back to HTC. I quite liked the U11 and look forward to when the new unit arrives (sometime in July).

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
The red has me really tempted to go look at this phone now. I do like the other colors but like my M8, the red looks awesome. May have to go to a sprint store at some point and see if they got one I can see

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power