Text notification in the middle of the screen

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
For some reason a few days ago, text notifications started popping up in the middle of my screen whether the screen was locked or unlocked. Has a 'X Dismiss - MICROPHONE - < Reply' on it as well. I cannot figure out how to get rid of that.
Anyone???

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
This is what pops up in the middle of me screen whether it's locked or unlocked.
If locked, it still opens the screen and shows it.
I have everything I can think of set to NOT show notifications.
Anybody have any other ideas?

Attachments

• Drawing1.jpg
    Drawing1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 21

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, I did clear the cash in both the stock 'Messages' app as well as Textra, which is what I use. It made no difference.
I then disabled Textra and used the stock message app. That did it. So it has to be Textra IMO. I emailed Textra and they said it was not their app doing it.
To me it has to be Textra. I am I missing something maybe?

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I sent Textra a screenshot of the pop-up and the said they are sure it's not from Textra.
What other app could be causing this????

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I sent Textra a screenshot of the pop-up and the said they are sure it's not from Textra.
What other app could be causing this????
You could try checking out your running apps right after you get this pop-up. Not sure about the HTC 10, but in most phones this option is included in the developer options.

Also, see which apps have the 'draw over other apps' permission enabled.

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
You could try checking out your running apps right after you get this pop-up.
FOUND IT. It was the 'Dragon' app. Siri for the Android. I disabled it and NO POP UP. I re-enabled it, and turned off the 'Able to Modify System Settings'. It still had the pop-up. I uninstalled the app.

Thanks for the hint!!!!!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
FOUND IT. It was the 'Dragon' app. Siri for the Android. I disabled it and NO POP UP. I re-enabled it, and turned off the 'Able to Modify System Settings'. It still had the pop-up. I uninstalled the app.

Thanks for the hint!!!!!
Glad you managed to find the culprit and thanks for the follow up! It'll be very helpful for other users with a similar issue. See you around the forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08