HTC 10 or LG G5

citronbull

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm deciding which one to get for my daughter since they are about the same price. I know more about LG since I have a V20 right now. Thoughts?

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
The HTC has a far superior build quality (the G5 has a crappy paint job over the metal body) as well as faster performance that will hold up well over time.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I'll be getting it unlocked.

Considering all I'm finding on the G5 for updates is that they were last updated on the 17th of May, I would definitely advise on the 10. The build quality is better, the camera, while lacking a dual feature with a wide-angle lens, is on par with the best. Their operating system also uses up the least amount of internal storage of all the skinned Android manufacturers.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend the 10. Probably 2016s most underated phone. However, I did receive an offer from AT&T Toyota for a free G5 so if your on AT&T you may want to look at that.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I used both and preferred the G5. Something about the htc 10 didn't click with me. Also was not a fan of battery life or camera. Good luck either way

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I used both and preferred the G5. Something about the htc 10 didn't click with me. Also was not a fan of battery life or camera. Good luck either way

I will say, I've been using the 11 for the last day and a half and, without even breaking the battery in, the 11 leaves the 10 in the dust. By leaps and bounds. The 10 always got me through a full day (long work days, 10 to 12 hours, Monday through Friday) but, sometimes it was too the last percent. Obviously usage will vary.

My main uses for my phone's are; music(Spotify over data), one to two hours of Netflix, a couple hours of the aforementioned being through Bluetooth(screen off with Spotify), almost non stop messaging/emails, 45 to an hour and a half of talk time and of course some browsing and forums. The 10 usually got me about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours of screen on time, depending on the Netflix usage. No gaming for me though.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I actually found the LG faster/snappier and it does have removable battery which will come handy if you're thinking of owning it for more than 18 months, some have reported issues with build quality but as long as the phone comes with some sort of insurance then you should be covered... The HTC advantages are has is better sound and overall build quality but both are good choices. I can't comment on camera quality but both are good from what I've heard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12