I think I have some broken firmware on the camera because no app can open it or the flashlight...

I've already factory reset and wiped recovery cache but nothing's helping.

Is there some way to reinstall the factory firmware?
    07-25-2017 08:41 PM
    Yes, if the ROM is available for your model of HTC 10. This is for a Samsung, but the process would be similar. More FYI so you know what's involved. Others can chime in with HTC specific data.

Reflash ROM or downgrade upgrade:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/am...interface.html
    07-25-2017 09:09 PM
    Mod Note: Thread moved for better visibility.
    07-25-2017 09:11 PM
    I think I have some broken firmware on the camera because no app can open it or the flashlight...

What model 10 do you have? The Samsung process is completely different. Is it carrier branded, unlocked, international?
    07-26-2017 08:48 AM
    Its probably hardware related.
    I sent off my year old 10 last week due to the touch screen failing.
    Capacative buttons and home button work, LCD works, but will not register any screen touch.
    Thing is, its a spare device, my s7 edge is my daily use device. So my 10 which is kept in a laptop bag,used once or twice a week to keep software update and maybe listen to music, thats mint condition barely used and kept in case, stopped working. Its an unfortunate hardware failure.
    07-26-2017 10:01 AM
    What model 10 do you have? The Samsung process is completely different. Is it carrier branded, unlocked, international?
    I'm using the Verizon version. I upgraded to it in February and I'm trying to fix it myself, and Verizon cancelled my insurance due to an error and I'm not sure it's worth paying for that anyways.

I'm not seeing where on HTC's site to download and reinstall the firmware (I'm also not sure if a factory reset already reinstalls that), but I've heard that in some cases you have to send the phone to the manufacturer for them to do a full firmware reinstall or hardware fix...

Right now I'm not even sure how to figure out what the problem is, I'm not seeing any diagnostic options or apps in the store.
    07-26-2017 07:33 PM
    One ironic thing is that without the camera being available, the phone is running fast!

I factory reset a few months ago for another reason before this issue and it didn't fix the speed issues... so now I wonder if HTC or Verizon is using the camera when it appears to be unused in a way that's recording things I'm doing and slowing down the phone... for ad targeting? I really should have the option to stop that.
    07-26-2017 07:35 PM

Try this:

HTC Camera 8.50.917991 APK Download by HTC Corporation - APKMirror
    07-26-2017 10:34 PM
    I'm using the Verizon version. I upgraded to it in February and I'm trying to fix it myself, and Verizon cancelled my insurance due to an error and I'm not sure it's worth paying for that anyways.

I'm not seeing where on HTC's site to download and reinstall the firmware (I'm also not sure if a factory reset already reinstalls that), but I've heard that in some cases you have to send the phone to the manufacturer for them to do a full firmware reinstall or hardware fix...

Right now I'm not even sure how to figure out what the problem is, I'm not seeing any diagnostic options or apps in the store.
    Read the directions and use option one.
    Download the ruu from the Android file host link

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...t3377586/page1
    07-27-2017 03:09 PM
    One ironic thing is that without the camera being available, the phone is running fast!

I factory reset a few months ago for another reason before this issue and it didn't fix the speed issues... so now I wonder if HTC or Verizon is using the camera when it appears to be unused in a way that's recording things I'm doing and slowing down the phone... for ad targeting? I really should have the option to stop that.
    A factory reset won't help you out on firmware things. Only a fresh install of an OTA update or an RUU can do that. Factory *data* reset is only the internal storage that gets wiped clean. An OTA/RUU will reflash the firmware multiple times. Setimes something gets hung up or it simply just flashes the wrong firmware for unknown reasons.
    07-27-2017 03:21 PM