Capacative/Navigation Buttons Do Not Light Up (Verizon HTC 10)

dick_benedict

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Hello,
I have an HTC 10, the Verizon version, and the capacative/navigation buttons (the ones on either side of the fingerprint scanner) do not light up. I'm referring to the buttons on the bottom that represent the Back feature and the Recent Apps feature.

Now, even though I say that those two buttons don't light up, yes, they do...sometimes, but only very dimly. I have selected the checkmark under the option "Navigation Button backlight always on when screen is on" option in the Display options. But for all it's worth, that option may as well be useless: the backlight doesn't stay on at all hardly.

I have read some threads where people can get the navigation buttons to glow all the time if you select not to restrict performance in power saving options. But I don't have any such options available to me with this Verizon phone.

Am I doomed to never have these buttons light up, even in the dark when I'm trying to see where they are? I mean, who the hell would design something like this, where the person can't have the lights glowing brightly all the time? And what's worse, I've told the device to have the lights on all the time when the screen is on using that settings option referred to above.

I'm just shaking my head. I absolutely love this phone...I just really want to get to the bottom of this issue so I can enjoy the phone even more. Thanks for any help that anyone can provide!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I have mine set the same but they only come on briefly before going out. I've just gotten used to where they are and have no trouble finding them when unlit. I don't know why the setting is kinda lame but I don't think you're alone with the issue.

rothe

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Try installing Lux Auto Brightness by Vito Cassini. I had this app on my old HTC Desire, and it worked very well for me. Just to check on the HTC 10 - I have an unlocked version on AT&T and it has similarly dim buttons - I installed it on my 10, and now my buttons are much brighter than they were before. Hope that helps!

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I know Samsung disables them when a power saving mode is enabled, possible HTC does the same if your using power saving settings.