Aftermarket charger/cable for HTC 10?

PRW94

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC 10.

I have only the OEM quick charger and cable that came with said HTC 10.

I would like to get at least two more chargers and cables for said HTC, one to keep in my office and one as a spare at home.

I'd prefer not to spend $55 on each set of these chargers and cables, which is the going rate at the HTC site. That would total out to a third of what I paid for the freaking phone (on Swappa earlier this year). At the same time, I'm also not looking to pay $2.98 for the things, I know you get what you pay for.

I've tried to do some research at this and other sites, and have looked at all the posts about being careful what you use and about the issues with the Qualcomm 3.0 standard, etc., to where my non-techie eyes are spinning. I've looked at spreadsheets and Amazon lists of good cables, many of which are no longer available (since that stuff dates from 2016), to where again my eyes are spinning.

Point-blank, simple, direct question ... are there any specific makes and models of cables and chargers that, in October 2017, people are using to quick charge their HTC 10s successfully and without drama or problems? If so, could you please share at least those makes and models, if not Amazon links?

Point-blank, simple, direct question 2 ... this is my third HTC phone, I still have the chargers and micro USB cables from my EVO LTE and my M8. With micro USB to USB-C adapters, could I use those to charge my HTC 10 (albeit not quickly)?

Thank you.

rothe

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I concur with the suggestion for Anker and Aukey for cables. I will throw in that I also found that Monoprice sold me an assortment of the WORST quality cables I'd ever used. They'd actually split open at the strain relief point.

I've also used the Anker MicroUSB-to-USB-C adapters that are frequently discounted on Amazon. They work fine with full QC3 support, *IF* you use good cables. Not so much with the aforementioned Monoprice cables.

Regarding chargers, I love the quality and price point of the RavPower charger. $11 on Amazon. Quickcharge 3 works flawlessly with my HTC 10. Ditto for my RavPower car charger.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11