HTC has had my phone in repair for almost a month now; escalation manager is avoiding me!

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
What are my options here? My camera stopped working and HTC told me to ship it to them and that the repair and return will take 7 to 10 business days.

They received my phone on October 10th, it's now November 6th, and when I use the online repair status tool, all it tells me is that the phone is in repair. It's been that way for almost 2 weeks now.

HTC escalated it but my escalation manager hasn't reached out to me or sent me an email once! I have been called the support number like 10 times just wanting to know what is taking so long and every time they tell me that they will tell the escalation manager to call me ... Yet nothing has come of this.

What are my options here? I just asked for the number to the corporate office, they're closed now but I plan to speak to them tomorrow.

I just think this is unacceptable. It'll be my first and last HTC device for sure.

Any advice from anyone who has dealt with their repair department?

SheCallmeLs

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Im dealing with the same issue that you are, and if you ever go on twitter and search "htc help" you will see that its a ton of people dealing with this its a shame and I have no idea what to do either! I sent a message to a couple of the editors on here about it to see if they could do a article on it but I haven't got a response yet.
This didnt happen when they had "Uh Oh protection" Best of luck to you Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 11.02.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-07 at 11.02.21 AM.png

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Just an update, I emailed the President of HTC America about my issue and gave him my ticket number.

He forwarded my message to the Customer Service Manager and I now have my phone again.

I never resort to things like this, but for a whole two weeks I was told that my escalation manager for my case would call me but she never ever did. I was in the dark on why the repair took so long or when I might get my phone back. If the escalation person called me and gave an update I wouldn't have emailed the company President.

I can pm you the email of the Customer Service Manager if you'd like.

djisia87

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I shipped my phone an hour ago (second time) . it shuts down/restarts when the battery gets down 20-30%. Master resets were done, battery calibration done and no results. They did not replace anything the first time except loading an older firmware because I needed to update the phone (at least 3-4 updates) "the chat aget confirmed it".

The repair tracking tool didnt update for me (the first time). I reached out to them every two weeks via chat. I didnt get a notification when it was shipped :( . I hope the problem will be resolved this time.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
About 6 months ago I sent mine off because the touch screen became unresponsive. My 7 to 10 day repair lasted 45 days. The screen was out of stock.
Very poor communication on their part. Like y'all the HTC repair site never updates.
They also sent my package back to the wrong address and it sad outside all day while I was at work. I was very specific about where it gets sent back so it wouldn't sit outside. The Houston facility where htc directs us to send phones is terrible. I've had htc mogul htc m7 thru 10 and due to this I switched to Samsung. Sorry htc I was a fan boy but your customer service and lack of assistance when I needed it most cost you a repeat customer.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
About 6 months ago I sent mine off because the touch screen became unresponsive. My 7 to 10 day repair lasted 45 days. The screen was out of stock.
Very poor communication on their part. Like y'all the HTC repair site never updates.
They also sent my package back to the wrong address and it sad outside all day while I was at work. I was very specific about where it gets sent back so it wouldn't sit outside. The Houston facility where htc directs us to send phones is terrible. I've had htc mogul htc m7 thru 10 and due to this I switched to Samsung. Sorry htc I was a fan boy but your customer service and lack of assistance when I needed it most cost you a repeat customer.
Yup, this is definitely my last HTC phone.

I don't care about Uh-Oh protection or warranty if it means I go months using my backup phone.

I'll just get a Samsung/Pixel phone like everyone else. I've never had a phone need repairing before in the first place.