I have been having the problem with my fingerprint scanner that a lot of people seem to be having. I figured that it would be addressed in the next update but it wasn't. I found a thread on the sprint community suggesting that uninstalling the mysprint app worked. Well I did and my scanner is working 100% again. Hope this helps someone. You need to go through setting/apps and uninstall as it's not listed in the play store.
    11-09-2017 08:10 AM
    I had also been having trouble after updated pushed around July. I even had to reset the phone to factory settings but found no relief. Last week I read somewhere to go into battery optimization settings and select fingerprint app and select "Don't optimize" I initially found success but every morning I had to use pattern to unlock phone the rest of the day I would have to pattern maybe once, changing that setting was much better than before. I just uninstalled the My Sprint app and surprisingly I haven't had any problems using the fingerprint scanner to unlock phone.
    11-10-2017 07:41 PM
    Thank you thank you! I've been checking Google now and then for a solution to this because I optimistically thought that surely HTC or Sprint would eventually resolve it. And this solution has been working for me for a day now. One problem is that the My Sprint app somehow re-installs itself when something detects that it's missing. So my solution is to disable the app through:
    App list
    ... Manage apps
    My Sprint
    Disable
    12-01-2017 12:01 PM