01-03-2020 08:15 AM
39 12
tools
    Oh, so it's not only me!
    Hope the fix it. Thanks everybody!
    Hello,

I have the same issue in a Nokia 6.
    02-22-2018 02:10 PM
    Not meaning to dismiss the OP's and others' claims, but I'm not experiencing this issue. Unlocked HTC 10 on AT&T, using K9 Mail and the HTC messaging app, each with their own notification sound. Just chiming in to supply another data point.

Got my OTA update to Oreo last week, and was concerned about this. No problem for me.
    02-28-2018 11:27 AM
    I just noticed there is no sound when I get a text. When I go to settings under Sound, it says Default sound, when I hit it it takes me to File Mgr or Media Storage. I turned on Vibrate, which was turned off. I have it on High, Make a Sound. But nothing is happening.
    02-28-2018 09:03 PM
    I got it back easily, just went to settings, Notifications/Sound/Sound and checked the sound I wanted. Not sure why it was taken off on the Oreo update
    03-01-2018 04:39 PM
    Just add my bit I have the exact same thing txt message notification is default sound and you cannot change them to be different. I have had some sort of response on twitter see conversation below:-
    2d
    Replying to
    In some instances, we may be able to deploy a software update to address an issue. We recommend you regularly check your device for updates and download them when available."

Retweet
    More options

1d
    Replying to @htc
    Thanks it would be good to get my notifications different sounds as I am missing text messags thinking it is a phone thing.
    I will check for updates and let you know what happens. Is there a time Scale for this fix??

Retweet
    More options
    HTC
    @htc
    Replying to
    At the moment, we do not have an ETA. But rest assured the it will be very soon.2d
    Replying to @ianniow
    In some instances, we may be able to deploy a software update to address an issue. We recommend you regularly check your device for updates and download them when available."

Retweet
    More options

1d
    Replying to @htc
    Thanks it would be good to get my notifications different sounds as I am missing text messags thinking it is a phone thing.
    I will check for updates and let you know what happens. Is there a time Scale for this fix??
    03-06-2018 05:46 AM
    has anyone tried a factory reset to see if that fixed the notification problem?
    03-06-2018 02:20 PM
    has anyone tried a factory reset to see if that fixed the notification problem?
    Yes, but for a different reason... And unfortunately the problem persists. Interestingly this is also affecting my bosses Samsung 9 phone too.

This is really a bummer for me, in that I have an "alerts" email that I need to be loud and obnoxious. Right now everything is coming in the same... All three email accounts and my text messages. This is a real PITA for me!!!
    05-01-2018 11:16 PM
    Hi
    Been a quiet thread for a while has anybody had a fix or work around as I still have this problem
    05-10-2018 08:41 AM
    Hi
    Been a quiet thread for a while has anybody had a fix or work around as I still have this problem
    Mine is still playing up. Can't find anything on web to try and fix it. No answers from HTC via Twitter. Quite ironic really, with the upcoming release of the 12+.... Which they have no chance of me upgrading if they can't be bothered to fix this or even answer my messages. I'm off to Sony for my next phone. I've been with HTC for years, but no more!
    05-25-2018 03:16 AM
    HTC 10 with the same issue here. This thread is fairly old, has there been any fix for this yet?
    06-25-2018 10:27 PM
    Keeping this thread alive - same problem on my HTC10 with Android 8.0.0 using MS Outlook or HTC Mail apps.

Note that K9Mail does not exhibit this behaviour - I can set individual notification tones for incoming mails on a per-account basis. Exactly what I need! Will use it for now (or ever if no HTC changes).
    08-13-2018 07:44 AM
    Keeping this thread alive - same problem on my HTC10 with Android 8.0.0 using MS Outlook or HTC Mail apps.

Note that K9Mail does not exhibit this behaviour - I can set individual notification tones for incoming mails on a per-account basis. Exactly what I need! Will use it for now (or ever if no HTC changes).
    Same here, HTC10 after update to 8.0, notifications settings have a serious bug. As described in this thread - when I choose notification sound in Messages, for example, instead of saying that sound is set to whatever sound I just chose, it says default. And that is true because that sound that I chose in Messages is set as a default sound (not just for that app but in general). So all apps have the same default sound, and when the sound is changed in some app it actually changes default sound for all apps and sets the sound for that app to default.

Very annoying. Somebody help please!
    08-29-2018 03:43 AM
    Here is an app that fixes this problem for me
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....com.notificon
    08-29-2018 04:44 AM
    i must say I didn't really encounter any trouble with 7.0, however, this is making me quite insane, not being able to hear what's happening. I suppose I will look out for the next HTC, otherwise I'm probably turning my eyes to anything that's not Samsung.
    It took me a couple of hours, but in the end I found a solution. Get NotifiCon from the play store, tick the top box and select the sound you want for the app you've selected. The next part is important, or it won't work, tick the box at the bottom "bypass do not disturb". Bob's a job.
    01-03-2020 08:15 AM
39 12