Error 404 downloading from the Play Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxingKanga

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Hi I have a Honor v10 running Oreo. Today no matter what app I attempt to download after i accept the terms and conditions I get a 404 error.
I have cleared the data and cache in play services and play store plus the data multiple times and restarted the phone several times with the same error.

Can anyone assist?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're getting a 404 error while using the Google Play Store app? You're not on the Play Store website on your browser, are you?

BoxingKanga

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Yes, i first noticed it on Mobile but it also happens on wifi either home and a public network

Just discovered that I can't update apps either, same error

Last edited by a moderator:

jiong zou

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
My mate 10(Chinese version) has the exact same problem start from yesterday. Yesterday evening I can update via a VPN, but now VPN also doesn't work.

Kasunt

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Hey i have the same problem.I recently updated my STF-AL10(honor 9) to oreo and now i cannot update or install apps from playstore.It gives me error 404
Tryed full factory reset,reinstalling playstore and play services,changing network settings.But nothing works :(

Blulue

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I'm on exactly the same boat from yesterday. Huawei p10 plus, Chinese version, with or without VPN, Wi-Fi or mobile network, many times of cleaning data/cache and restarting, still the same error. Seems like the problem is on Google's side. Thanks guys, at least I could go to sleep without further struggling:)

My mate 10(Chinese version) has the exact same problem start from yesterday. Yesterday evening I can update via a VPN, but now VPN also doesn't work.

Ahmed Hafed

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I have exactly the same error 404 with my Nokia 7 (Andorid 8.0.0)
Tried factory reset, un-install and re0install playstore and play services both WifI and mobile data.
NOTHING!!!

Any help ?

Koncors

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Hi all. Same issue. Huawei mate 9. Tried to reinstall Play Market and even backed to previous versions, all the same.
Few days ago new updates were installed on my phone.. I think the problem is there

singhnsk

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Hi all. Same issue. Huawei mate 9. Tried to reinstall Play Market and even backed to previous versions, all the same.
Few days ago new updates were installed on my phone.. I think the problem is there

Mine was working fine till this morning. The play store version was still the same. No phone software updates were installed.
So, it looks to me like a backend change Google made which affects uncertified devices.

M Panezai

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I have the same problem
Google won't let me login my account
Nothing is working
Google says they won't login my account until Google play services are updated while I try to update it it says errors
someone help us

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
404 on the internet (wifi or mobile data) says "page not found". If it happens on a system like Google's Play servers, I'd suspect the local Play server (Google maintains many servers around the world for the same service). I've used play a few times already today (updated a few apps). About the only thing possible might be to try resetting your DNS servers. Use wifi, but set the address manually. (Long-press the connection, then check Advanced.) Use the same IP address it shows, but change the DNS addresses to 8.8.8.8 for the first one and 8.8.4.4 for the second one. Their DNS server should have the correct address for their Play server. (I use those addresses on all my devices, so maybe that's why I'[m not having any problems.)

singhnsk

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I don't think that the Play Store's 404 means the same as what we use for the internet pages.
Anyhow, my ISP by default uses the Google DNS servers. Also, all other devices in the house work fine. The only difference between theirs and mine is that mine was imported from another country. So, I suspect something like a mismatched location causing this error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463