OTA Oreo update for unlocked HTC 10, Take Two!

rothe

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
OTA update downloaded last night and ready to install. Not pulling the trigger until I see some feedback here first.

Anyone install it yet?

Version is 3.16.617.2.

Last edited:

ejraney

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Downloading it now. Will run it a few days before I decide if I put my SIM card back in it, or if the phone gets put back in the drawer.

McDoogie

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Right? There has to be a way. Also I don't really like how if you pull down your notification shade, the only thing displayed at the top right is battery and time.. no signal or wifi icons. Not a huge deal, just something I noticed.

gawga_boy

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Updated last night. Good so far.

Hope it does away with that annoying system notification when it, for no apparent reason, changes speaker modes. That has been driving me nuts. Hence my haste and throwing caution to the wind and updating right away.

Last edited:

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Updated last night. Good so far.

Hope it does away with that annoying system notification when it, for no apparent reason, changes speaker modes. That has been driving me nuts. Hence my haste and throwing caution to the wind and updating right away.
Mine make a notification sound for everything now... Even ending a call... It's annoying AF!

Plus it does this weird ghost touch thing whenever I turn the screen on

gawga_boy

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
The annoying notification is still there. Oreo seems to be heavy on the power usage too. Can't give a exact numbers on it but It seems to need charging more often.

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
The annoying notification is still there. Oreo seems to be heavy on the power usage too. Can't give a exact numbers on it but It seems to need charging more often.

Seems to be the opposite for me. I factory reset after the Sprint update though, so once things more or less got back to normal, it felt more fluid than before. I might guess that the battery life is a bit better on my end though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol