Getting Rid of Sticky Notifications after Oreo Update

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I updated a few days ago, HTC 10/Sprint, and now I have 2 notifications that are always there and I cannot get rid of them.
One is for Voicemail. It says it is running. I assume it is running as people leave messages and then I see the notification. I am afraid if I turn it off, I will not know when people leave VM. I do not want to stop the app, which is a choice.
The other is Android System, and its telling me 2 apps are running in the background, Mobile Installer and VM. Wonderful, but I do not want that or any sticky notifications.
How can I get rid of these without shutting down the service/app.
Thank you.

rochaedkj

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue and I just updated the voicemail app and it went away.... simply go to setting and select updates hope this works for you

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I do not see how to update the app. I looked under my Installed Apps and see nothing. I updated My Sprint, but do not see a VM app. Thanks.

rochaedkj

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The updated is done via the voicemail app, simply hit voicemail app then select three dots which are in the upper right corner then select settings and at the bottom you will see updates, select then on next screen ck for updates. I currently have version T. 9.0.1.19. Hope this helps you

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I looked there but did not know how to do it. Both sticky notifications are gone. Went from 9.01.09 to .19