This has been getting worse for months but after the last update, it's a real problem. My gmail emails (using gmail app) don't come through in a timely manner anymore. It might take hours for them to show up in notifications. They worked fine for the first year and a half I owned the phone. I don't want to get a new app, I want gmail to work on this device.

Also, I have a live.com email acct and now the device automatically sends ALL of those emails to trash every time I go to check that email.

I use my phone for business so this is causing me to lose money. My last 2 HTC phones started doing this when they got around 2 years old. As much as I love their devices, I'm afraid I might have to go with someone else soon because I can't afford to deal with this anymore. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    03-03-2018 02:33 PM
    You've probably already checked some of these, but:

1. Make sure Restrict Background Data or Data Saver are off in Settings>Data Usage.
    2. In the Settings>Battery menu, look for the Battery Optimization menu and make sure Gmail is not optimized.
    3. If you have any power-saving modes turned on (or 3rd party battery-saver apps installed), turn them off.

How are you accessing your live.com email account -- in the Gmail app, or in the stock Email app?
    03-03-2018 09:04 PM
    You've probably already checked some of these, but:

1. Make sure Restrict Background Data or Data Saver are off in Settings>Data Usage.
    2. In the Settings>Battery menu, look for the Battery Optimization menu and make sure Gmail is not optimized.
    3. If you have any power-saving modes turned on (or 3rd party battery-saver apps installed), turn them off.

How are you accessing your live.com email account -- in the Gmail app, or in the stock Email app?
    Thanks, I check all three and they are all correct with no battery or data optimization.

As far as the live.com acct goes, it's through the gmail app. It was working fine until the recent update, now every time I access it, it says something like "you're all set" and everything is moved to trash.
    03-03-2018 11:38 PM
    I've ALWAYS had issues with the Gmail app! It annoys the hell out of me. My work uses Gmail for their email server, but I set up my work email in my Outlook app. It's SOOO much better! I love the Outlook app. Every email comes in immediately.
    B0WIE likes this.
    03-04-2018 04:26 PM
    Have you also tried wiping the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-25804. Or seeing if the problem persists in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-25901

For the live.com account, have you tried removing the account from the Gmail app, then adding it back again?
    03-05-2018 12:39 AM