HTC 10 Oreo Battery Draining + Boot Loop

DavidPonce97

Jun 5, 2018
Visit site
So, I recently updated to Oreo, I wanted to wait to see if there were any bugs in the Updates, I searched and didn't find anything. So i decided to update mine. As soon as I update the phone battery start drainig, not only that but as soons as the phone gets to 70%-60% of battery, the phone just turns off and start boot looping until i get the charger and plugged it. Not only that but when I plugged the phone the phone start charging from like 10% is like all of that extra 60%-50% don't exist at all.
I tried wiping the cache partition, didn't work. Safe Mode, neither. Even I went so far to actually formatting my phone, that didn't work.

If anyone has any ideas what can I do to stop this, Please Please Help me out.
BTW my phone is International.

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I loved my phone before I updated it to Oreo. It dies fast and if I try to take a picture at anything under 40% it turns off and does the boot loop. The research starts to figure out how to get it back to the older android OS. I hope it works and if it doesnt I may have to say bye to HTC and go back to Samsung.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me with HTC one M8. I was never sure if it was a coincidence. As soon as I updated to lollipop I got fast draining and unexpected shutdowns. Never had the confidence to downgrade but might do it now. I hope you find a solution, but regardless I think it's a sign of failing battery.