I am through with supporting and defending HTC. I primarily use this phone as a walkman and run with it. It literally has a mind of its own opening up random apps, taking pictures, dialing numbers, and stopping/starting songs where it shouldn't. I have gone the entire length of disabling apps, gestures, trying airplane and extreme power saver modes, taping buttons, to no avail. The last straw was when it decided to call my boss at 5 in the morning. No more.

You may say I have a defective model, but I've owned many of the previous versions, down to the Hero. They all have had this problem. One of the reasons why I didn't get the 11 was due to its even more sophisticated input by squeezing the sides. I can't even imagine how much of a nightmare that must be.

This is not a rant. Again, I like HTC. They had potential. I have given them thousands and thousands throughout the decade. But all they seem to care about is the pretty bells and whistles, and not the lousy hardware. The "flagship" model deserves tough criticism.

Bye.
    06-05-2018 04:24 PM
    Sorry you're having problems with the phone. Just curious, is a screen protector on? If so, see what happens if you take it off.
    06-05-2018 06:19 PM