Phone rebooting and/or shutting down between 50-30%.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi I have an HTC 10 and recently the battery is being spent very quickly. Today for instance it shut off and I read about re-calibrating the battery so I have charged it from 0% to 100% left plugged in for an hour then removed the charger and started to use it. I will repeat this process again.

It literally lasted 3 hours. I used it with wi-fi for about 1/2 hour and it reduced to 50% then all of a sudden it restarted. (sometimes it restarts and stops and restarts again and goes off completely but this time it didn't). When it restarted it was on about 48% and quickly drained to zero in around 10 minutes and I used the mobile data connection as the wi-fi seems to knock it out. I'm now recharging from scratch to 100% and will leave for an hour before unplugging.

I did disable some apps (instagram/some google apps) as I really don't want most of them on my phone but I have no way of uninstalling a lot of them.

I have the HTC boost and also AVG anti virus on the phone.

This battery used to last about 2 days when I first got it and 3 hours is just a joke. I could go out with 50% battery and use the phone all night and still have 20% left but now it will deplete very quickly.

Any ideas? The phone is only 2 years old.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You're far from the only one this has happened to. Normally a bad battery causes a sudden shut down with no reboot/bootloop, so I initially didn't think this to be the issue. After reading other accounts, it may be the battery after all and just a quirk of HTC that it starts to bootloop. This thread may be of help.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=863468

One member shows how to reset the battery sensor (not the same as calibration), which may be worth trying. There's also a link to an XDA thread on the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm