I was in the middle of texting a friend when my phone died. I plugged it in, and then turned it back on to find that my SMS app (QKSMS) had decided to put new responses in new conversations instead of adding on to the existing ones.
    Restarted my phone, nothing happened.

Changed my SMS app to Message + to see if that would do anything. It froze and went blank. Went back to QKSMS to find all of my conversations were gone, except the two responses I got from people I had texted since the app stated acting up.

Is there anyway to get my texts back, or are they gone for good?
    01-05-2019 12:48 PM
    They're in a database file, so you'd have to do a few things to get them back. Root the phone. Learn SQL. Get a SQLite editor. Find the correct database file. Figure out where (and what) the active/deleted field is and what data indicates active and deleted, and update some or all (your choice) deleted fields to active.

Other than that, you could try an app like SMS Backup & Restore and see if it backs up deleted texts too (the xml file it produces isn't exactly user-friendly, but it's human-readable, so you can look through it and see if there's anything in there that shows that the text app doesn't.

Other than that, you could email the QKSMS developers and see if they have any ideas. (They're in Toronto, Canada, so they probably speak English.)
    CHIPSK8 likes this.
    01-05-2019 01:39 PM