Have questions about the Aria? Ask 'em here

russell1997

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about this Aria phone i'm not familiar with what AT&T allows and doesn't can you run the Google Voice App on the phone?

sherifone

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Phil could you do two things on the Aria?

? Multi-touch test (so I know if I can play Emulators without being frustrated)

? 3D gaming test (Run ExZeus or Raging Thunder 2) both of which require more advanced handsets.

I realize the 3D games might run poorly, but if it has a good touch screen, at least I could play GBA/NES games :)

Thanks!

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Phil,
is the smaller screen resolution a hinderance compared to the Aria's Bigger cousins: Evo,N1, Incredible, Droid etc.
How's the multitouch on it? Does it have the n1 multi touch issues or work like the Incredible/Evo with 9 or 12 point multitouch?

coelacanth#AC

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Phil,

Can you stay connected via Wifi after the screen goes locked for extensive amount of time? My biggest reason to return N1 was this.

Touchscreen response compared to N1?

Can you stream music beyond a minute without stalling after screen goes sleep?

Thanks!

SuguruN

sherifone

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Phil,

Can you stay connected via Wifi after the screen goes locked for extensive amount of time? My biggest reason to return N1 was this.

Touchscreen response compared to N1?

Can you stream music beyond a minute without stalling after screen goes sleep?

Thanks!

SuguruN

Wifi sleep policy is under advanced options in Wifi Settings.

It can be set to 3 things, and there is no other options unless rooted:

? Normal. (Which sleeps after 15 minutes of the screen being off)

? Never.

? Never while plugged in.

The N1 and any android phone will stream well after 1 minute of the screen being off. This is normal behavior (I've owned about 6 different android phones).

You may be having issues with your particular model or setup on your router.

coelacanth#AC

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Wifi sleep policy is under advanced options in Wifi Settings.

I'm aware of that options, and unfortunately that didn't do the trick. A lot of people having same problem with N1 (most likely to do with WPA security, not sure of other models).

The N1 and any android phone will stream well after 1 minute of the screen being off. This is normal behavior (I've owned about 6 different android phones).

I hope that's the case, but also quite many people reporting same problem, again, including myself.

waltah#AC

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
The camera doesn't have a flash, which is kind of a bummer. The display is surprisingly nice and crisp considering the resolution. If I didn't already know the res I wouldn't have believed you if you told me.
Accelerometer works really quickly and yes, it works with the keyboard. The UI is super snappy if you ask me. Screaming from screen to screen and flying through the menu it's impressive. If you used it and I told you it had a Snapdragon you would probably believe me. After some hands on time with one today, I've decided that I'm picking one up this Sunday. The price is right, especially with my upgrade discount.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Question: would you reccomend the HTC Aria or the Google Nexus One? I'm looking to replace my BlackBerry Bold 9000.

I'm at a similar crossroad.
I guess we could give the Aria a try and return it before 30 days.

I've been trying to find where this Aria is being discussed and it surely isn't getting the attention the EVO got by even a fraction.

potheadhero

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I hope that it turns out to be a good phone. I am going to go check it out this weekend. I really dont want to keep waiting for another android phone on AT&T but I have no other choice at this point.

dreDREb13

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I've always wanted an Android phone, and I've been pretty out of luck for a while on AT&T when it comes to them. I was thinking of getting a Palm Pre Plus, but I'm worried that it's a bit too old to last two years without me regretting the buy. So do you think the Aria is a better choice? Granted, it's not top-of-the-line, but at least it's Android. Or should I just wait for a better Android phone on AT&T?

I'd like the third party apps to be installed, and would go through the process of rooting the phone in order to have that option.

dreDREb13

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma