Aria Owners - How's your Reception & Call Quality?

waltah#AC

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
After just having it for a day I can say it's better than my Pre Plus. My house can be a bit of a tester and I've had 3 bars pretty steady. Actual quality call has been good, but I must admit that I only had a couple of conversations. This is a huge step up for me from the Pre.

Kaybrina

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I got mine yesterday morning and so far it has been great. It is just as fast as the nexus one I upgraded from. Clear calls strong data no problems.

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
i have two problems with the aria

1. earpiece volume is not the best

2. no accessories are available! i had to buy a cheapo case from target for now.

otherwise i love this phone! i am glad i finally left blackberry.

now to decide which carrier to switch to when my wifes contract is up in jan.

waltah#AC

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
AT&T stores now have a gel case made for it. It's $25 though. I won't be getting a case as I really hate them, but they also have the screen protectors now which I will pick up.

slwilliamssr

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had mine for a few days now and Have used it alot. No problem with the reception on this phone at all. I had the Iphone 3GS before and this is better I think. I did try out the EVO and I will say it is a very nice phone but sprint service sucks in my area. So back to AT&T and the Aria is working just fine.

dandrumheller

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have pretty lousy service at my house. Typically around -95db edge signal (guess I ought to look into a femtocell). In the few calls I have made at home, the sound quality is noticeably better than my BB 9700. In strong signal they are comparable. Aria wins in earpiece volume by a bit at a given volume setting.

wibbic

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
My Aria has been loud and clear. The speakerphone could be a little bit louder, but overall it's not bad.

My biggest complaint is that I need to find some louder ringtones, I've been missing calls because I'm using a case that clips to my belt, and apparently it doesn't transmit the vibrations. Also, it seems to do a pretty good job of muffling my ringtones!

ranger67

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I previously had a Backflip. The Aria shows fewer bars, but my data transfer has been MUCH better with the Aria than the Backflip. Voice quality has been about the same.

bimgike75

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Aria for about a week and a half now and the call quality is excellent. Way better than my old BB Bold and my wife's iPhone (4th gen.).

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Call quality and reception are great with my Aria. It's the sole reason I chose the Aria over the iPhone 4, coming from an iPhone 3G. Steve Jobs telling me to "hold the phone a different" way led me to the Aria.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae