The only thing holding me back from jumping to Sprint and the EVO are the questions about battery life.

I'm thinking about going with the Aria b/c I can afford to pay cash for it and avoid extending my contract with AT&T.

I'm curious though about how the battery life is on the Aria? I'm coming from a BBerry Bold which makes it about 24-36 hours of normal use and I don't want to swap into something that's going to chain me to a charging cable...
    06-22-2010 10:05 AM
    I am coming from the hold also. Same thing,paid cash to not get into contract.
    I was charging bold every night. Aria has same battery life. I am a heavy user.
    So far do good. I just need a rubber skin for it!!!!
    06-22-2010 11:46 AM
    Full day 7am - 12pm.
    Email, txt, phone, IM, light browsing.
    Battery truned yellow by midnight.

It was a long day, normal hours with that use = 3/4 battery used.

Love the phone!
    06-24-2010 12:58 PM
    My battery life is outstanding and coming from a pre i know what to do to extend my battery life. The first with the Evo I got 12hrs out the the box then I did some tweaks and it does 16hr but yesterday I read and htc memo on this site somewhere that mention that they with do a update because the Evo's no charging properly. Well it turn out to be ture and I got 24hrs out of with 51% battery life remaining. This is with a mixed of lite to moderate use and with standby test i achieved 60hrs. Now I don't have buy and ext battery.
    06-24-2010 06:51 PM
    Today was my first full day with the Aria. My corp email is hosted on Exchange, so I have ActiveSync running all day long with 'As Arrives' scheduling turned on. I don't use Bluetooth, so that was turned off and I had Wifi on for about 4 hours. I plugged it off the charger at 6:30AM and as of 9PM the battery gauge still shows 50%, so I am quite pleased with the battery life on my Aria.

Overall I am very pleased with my decision to dump my WM 6.5 Jack and join the Android ranks.

Regards,

Tom
    06-24-2010 09:04 PM
    I've been running my Aria with either WiFi or Bluetooth (have Ford Sync) on all day. It's still lasting from 6am until bedtime. I was worried that it would be awful like my Touch Diamond, but this phone rocks!
    06-26-2010 09:12 AM
    I sadly returned my Aria because of the battery life. For me it was zapping away and i couldn't handle it. It was also too small for me. But I am not giving up on the android, i am debating between getting the Nexus on or the HTC Desire.
    07-03-2010 01:45 PM
    I'm finding that my battery is lasting just shy of a day's worth of browsing, BT (about 30%), wifi (another 30% of the time). I'm looking for a cradle/external battery setup. BTW, the battery model number is BB92100 (hopefully that will save you from having to turn your phone off!).
    07-09-2010 04:33 AM
    Download "Advanced Task Killer" from the market and that should do the trick. Set it to Agressive and then to kill the apps when the screen turns off and you should see a marked improvement on battery life.

When I first got mine, it wouldn't last half the day, of course i was playing with it all the time, but after ATK was installed, it's all good!
    07-12-2010 10:45 AM
    I moved from BB Bold with AT&T to the HTC Aria. A bit disappointed with battery life also.
    I downloaded an app, "automatic task killer." This app, closes selected apps and allows the ones I want open to remain each time, I pause the device. Made a big difference.
    07-30-2010 06:36 PM
    I agree. Coming from a BB the battery life kinda sucks but I keep a plug @ work a charger in the car and 1 @ home so I'm always covered.
    08-02-2010 03:38 PM
    Download Juice Defender. It will improve your battery life considerably and it is really easy to setup and use.
    08-05-2010 07:26 AM
    Mine is only a few days old so need to let the battery break in more. Not bad thus far but have a car charger too so when I'm driving I'm charging.
    08-20-2010 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD