Voice Commands

slwilliamssr

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a BlueAnt Q1 blue tooth but it seems the only thing I can do is take incoming calls. I have updated the Q1 and should be able to hear music through it when using the music player on the phone, plus I should be able to us voice commands to call people in my contacts. But none of those things are working. Any help would be great.

tpbklake

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Android 2.1 does not support any voice command support via Bluetooth from what i have read and understand. Froyo 2.2 is suppose to have better BT support.

Regards,

Tom

slwilliamssr

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, thats odd, it worked fine on the EVO with 2.1, maybe it had something to do with sprint. It worked fine on my wifes Iphone as well. I guess I was hoping it was going to work on the Aria.

Thanks for the help Tom.

Sandy

tpbklake

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, thats odd, it worked fine on the EVO with 2.1, maybe it had something to do with sprint. It worked fine on my wifes Iphone as well. I guess I was hoping it was going to work on the Aria.

Thanks for the help Tom.

Sandy

Well since it works on the EVO, maybe there is a HTC Sense feature/enhancement for BT. My comments were based on the Nexus One with stock 2.1

Maybe there is a setting for Sense that is defaulted different for the EVO than it is for the Aria. Probably worth checking into.

Regards,

Tom

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a BlueAnt Q1 blue tooth but it seems the only thing I can do is take incoming calls. I have updated the Q1 and should be able to hear music through it when using the music player on the phone, plus I should be able to us voice commands to call people in my contacts. But none of those things are working. Any help would be great.

I don't know about voice commands through the Q1, but i read on Blue Ant's website that the Q1 will read your texts to you with an app you can download. I thought that was pretty cool.