Sense Froyo ROM for the Aria!

Smalls

Sep 24, 2010
mygamingnet.co.cc
Since the screen size and hardware are pretty much the same, wouldn't this be a great port for the HTC Hero. I know I have a CDMA Hero, but would this GSM ROM work on a CDMA device?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure, but I don't think it would work, not only because of the CDMA but also the processors are probably different.

tpbklake

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is the Gratia ROM that works on the Aria.

ROM-G9-goapk_g9_2.2.zip

Here's the XDA forum thread.

HTC Sense UI Froyo ROM for HTC Aria aka Liberty aka Gratia - xda-developers

I'm loading this up now, I'll post if I find any problems.

Note: Some people in the XDA thread have had issues with the market. There are solutions posted in the thread if you have problems.

I have been running Froyo CM6 for a while now, but I was curious about this ROM so I loaded yesterday to have a look-see. I never could get the HTC Clock/Weather widget to display the weather info. It just kept displaying "My Location". I also noticed that this ROM still uses the HTC Sense inbox instead of the Froyo 2.2 combined inbox which I have grown accustom to with CM6.

There have also been some new comments on XDA about the mods that have been made to this ROM that question the origin and whether this is indeed a released ROM, so even more reason to go back to CM6.

So I will wait for an official Froyo ROM to be released and let the CM6 team extract the Aria Froyo kernel and add it to CM6. HTC Sense was nice for an Android introduction, but I now prefer ASOP's clean look. Long live CM6!

Regards,

Tom

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been running Froyo CM6 for a while now, but I was curious about this ROM so I loaded yesterday to have a look-see. I never could get the HTC Clock/Weather widget to display the weather info. It just kept displaying "My Location". I also noticed that this ROM still uses the HTC Sense inbox instead of the Froyo 2.2 combined inbox which I have grown accustom to with CM6.

There have also been some new comments on XDA about the mods that have been made to this ROM that question the origin and whether this is indeed a released ROM, so even more reason to go back to CM6.

So I will wait for an official Froyo ROM to be released and let the CM6 team extract the Aria Froyo kernel and add it to CM6. HTC Sense was nice for an Android introduction, but I now prefer ASOP's clean look. Long live CM6!

Regards,

Tom

I had the same problem, it seems that you can't get location from the wireless networks. It also doesn't let you transfer apps to the SD, making it useless for the amount of apps I have. The ROM was fast, however, which is a good sign for whats to come.

When I get some free time (damn 8 AM classes), I'll run some benchmarks and dive in to the ROM some more.

So here's the story about the ROM: According to the poster, it is the official ROM that will ship with the Gratia, and he made some changes to it (this is why it starts out in Chinese and has the Chinese market). However, there are things about the ROM that points to it not being the final ROM, enough to the point that attn1 is passing on porting this into Liberated.

Basically, this is a functional ROM and something to play with (and use if you can deal with the issues), but by no means is a final build.

anon(62000)

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I had similar issues with weather for my location, and force close every time I open the Market. Yet the Chinese 'Go Market' seems to work without a hitch.

anon(62000)

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
^^ Much better indeed.

screenshot_5.jpg
screenshot_6.jpg
screenshot_7.jpg

screenshot_8.jpg
screenshot_9.jpg

brivette007

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed FR-004. So far it is running great. Only complaint is that it took about 20 minutes to sync my facebook contacts, but I think I kept losing the connection.
Also, the singnal no longer reads as 3G, but as H. It's supposedly 3.5G (HSPA), but doing a speed test generates about 3.5 MB/s. Not sure if this is faster or slower than it was before. And I can't seem to get more than 2 bars.
But all in all definately worth flashing this ROM.

loursonbrun

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using this ROM has noticed the '3G' (- now 'H' -) icon that was at all times present on 2.1 on the status bar is now only available after you have started the data connection? Or is it just me?

Is this a bug or that is how Froyo/Sense 2 works?

Another thing that seems not to be working for me (- maybe I am not doing it correctly -) is that whenever I launch the WIFI hotspots functionality my PC gets connected to my device, but there is no actual Internet connectivity; I launch my Aria's web-browser and I keep getting a 403 error message; I disable the WIFI hotspot, disable and re-enable my data connection and voil? I get access to my Internet as usual, however the symptoms reappear as soon as the WIFI hotspot is re-enabled. I am doing something wrong or missing something?

Thank you and regards,

J.C.

Last edited:

tpbklake

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
now that the stable version of cm6.1 is released have you guys noticed these issues being fixed?

Why are you asking about CM 6.1 on a HTC Sense thread? The 'bugs' were in regards to Liberated FRxx, not CM 6.1.

I have CM 6.1 Released and the wifi hotspot works just fine (it also worked find in both RC1 and RC2) and CM 6.1 also has had the trackball wake feature for quite a while, too.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using this ROM has noticed the '3G' (- now 'H' -) icon that was at all times present on 2.1 on the status bar is now only available after you have started the data connection? Or is it just me?

Is this a bug or that is how Froyo/Sense 2 works?

It works that way in CM, so it might be a Froyo thing. Or just the way the ROM was built.

BTW, according to the thread, trackball wake works in the latest Liberated release.

Ryan Roland

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Why are you asking about CM 6.1 on a HTC Sense thread? The 'bugs' were in regards to Liberated FRxx, not CM 6.1.

I have CM 6.1 Released and the wifi hotspot works just fine (it also worked find in both RC1 and RC2) and CM 6.1 also has had the trackball wake feature for quite a while, too.

Sorry i think I forgot what thread I was in. was reading two different ones that were similar and I'm also a bit of a noob lol

Sent from my CM6.1 Aria using Tapatalk