apps help

shanedroid1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Im trying to help my gf install swype on her aria, but when i got to settings to check unknown sources so it can install swype, the "unknown sources" option isnt there. does it exist on the aria? is it possible to download 3rd party apps to it? thanks

tpbklake

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Im trying to help my gf install swype on her aria, but when i got to settings to check unknown sources so it can install swype, the "unknown sources" option isnt there. does it exist on the aria? is it possible to download 3rd party apps to it? thanks

The AT&T Aria does not have the "unknown sources" option as you discovered, however you can side-load apps using the Android SDK "adb" command.

You can also download and use the following tool:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-sideload-wonder-machine/

kmorton213

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Great Tool...

I am impressed that the tool does work. I dont understand why they are hiding the "Unknown Sources" Option on the HTC Inspire4G from AT&T.. I dont like the fact I have to tether the phone in order to install apps outside Market Place. Can we come up with a solution to unlock that feature? Or can a specialized mobile sideloader app be installed? If so where can i find it..? Is there a utility possibly that can force unlock the ability to load third-party apps..?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I am impressed that the tool does work. I dont understand why they are hiding the "Unknown Sources" Option on the HTC Inspire4G from AT&T.. I dont like the fact I have to tether the phone in order to install apps outside Market Place. Can we come up with a solution to unlock that feature? Or can a specialized mobile sideloader app be installed? If so where can i find it..? Is there a utility possibly that can force unlock the ability to load third-party apps..?

If you root and have adb installed, you can use this:

Workaround for Fixing 'Unsupported Sources' - xda-developers

It might be easy to put into a CWM file, but at that point you might as well just flash a ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton