HTC Aria Froyo Update - 2/25/2011

Eric D.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought the point of the last update was so they could do future updates OTA. We shouldn't have to redo anything after this one if that's the case.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I thought the point of the last update was so they could do future updates OTA. We shouldn't have to redo anything after this one if that's the case.

Yeah, it was so future upgrades could be OTA, but I didn't know that OTA upgrades were any different than the tethered upgrades, other than the fact it was Over The Air.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, this is a total bummer. I thought the whole purpose of that other update was so we wouldn't have to do the downloads anymore! Maybe I misunderstood. HOwever, I wish I would have known and I would have just saved myself another hard reset.

Eric D.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just checked. The new RUU is on the HTC website. Looks like no OTA updates for this one. I expect this will be the last update we ever get for the Aria... unless this one breaks something and requires a new update to be fixed. I'm installing it now and shopping for an Inspire 4g at the same time. Fun :)

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
worked flawlessly

just a pain to get it back they way i had it, but, if lets you clean it up and delete stuff you dont use any more

phone seems more responsive and cleaned up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech