Root, ROMs, Backups, Help? :[

Cat5ive

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello Forum, here's my story and situation, if anyone could help that would be great. Thanks in advance. I have the AT&T HTC Aria, it's running 2.1-update1. I've rooted using Unrevoked3, Superuser works. I can get su in the terminal emulator. I'm still running the stock ROM. The phone also still seems to be S-ON even though it is rooted. My issue is that Titanium Backup says that I need to allow applications from Unknown Sources in order to use it. I want to use it so that I can make a backup and flash a custom ROM. My Aria does not have that option. Is there anything I can do?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Will it let you do anything without unknown sources? It needs that for the restore, so it should back up just fine. Once you load a custom ROM, you'll have the option.

If that doesn't work, try this.

Reactions: Cat5ive

Cat5ive

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ah, so just back up using Titanium Backup, then flash to the custom with, say, ROM Manager, then I should be able to restore using TB (aka have the option to check 'Unknown Sources')?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. It needs unknown sources because it basically reinstalls all the apps, and then puts the data in the right place. Backup just needs root access.

Reactions: Cat5ive

Cat5ive

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much. I'm at work so I can't try this yet but it sounds like I should have no problem; I'll post back once I give this a shot! :D

Cat5ive

May 25, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone else is wondering, this did work. Backed it up, flashed to Cyanogenmod 7, and restored like a charm! Happy modding! :D

keltig

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
In case anyone else is wondering, this did work. Backed it up, flashed to Cyanogenmod 7, and restored like a charm! Happy modding! :D
So cm7 worked? I loaded it and it f'ed up my phone. Took me 5 hours to get it back to normal but my phone sucks now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084