Water damage, but still works.

blab8811

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I managed to drop my Aria in a 20 foot lake 3 days ago and somehow, I dove down and recovered it. A few moments after I got it out of the water, it was all apart underneath a fan. I didn't touch it for 2 days of cooling. I out it back to together today, and tried turning it on, but nothing happened. I plugged it into an outlet and the 4 buttons started blinking and the LED was blinking red. It would do this the moment I plugged it in without pressing the power button. When I hold the power button while it is charging, a screen pops up and it looks to be an error menu, but I can't read anything as it stays there for about half a second. There is a bunch of Android logos at the bottom and it has a list of options which read something like,

"VOLUME UP/DOWN TO SELECT, POWER BUTTON TO ENTER

Fast boot, recovery, clear storage, lock SIM"

But I am not sure as it shuts off right away.

What should I do?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
you may have already damaged it beyond repair. I have heard of MANY people having great success using "the rice trick"

get a bowl of UNCOOKED rice. Put a layer on the bottom. Place the phone and battery (battery out of course) in the bowl and cover it with rice. Some people say it works better with the bowl covered, some say it works better uncovered. I haven't tried it but I would say if its covered the rice will draw out more moisture from the phone and less from the room its in.

Leave it in the rice for afew days, some people say up to a week.

I hope your phone recovers!!

sunrisepromo

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I dropped my Aria in the toilet. And it was fried. I did the rice trick, as mentioned above, and haven't had a problem with it since. I still can't believe that it worked.

I put the phone in some rice in a baggie and kept it closed. I was told it works a little faster like that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci