[BETA]S-OFF method for Aria on 2.2.2

ediddy406

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
ok so i hate to sound like a noob. but here is my aria's info...

Android Version:

Baseband:
47.63.35.21H_7.16.35.11

Kernel:
2.6.32.21-g7857ec7
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Thu Jan 27 21:03:56 CST 2011

Build:
2.20.502.1 CL331188 release-keys

Software:

Browser:
Webkit 3.1

is this rootable yet? i had heard that the Froyo update thru HTC/ATT was/is unrootable...can some one tell me

A) is it rootable
B) if it is rootable, could i get directions on how to do so?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

tpbklake

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ok so i hate to sound like a noob. but here is my aria's info...

Android Version:

Baseband:
47.63.35.21H_7.16.35.11

Kernel:
2.6.32.21-g7857ec7
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Thu Jan 27 21:03:56 CST 2011

Build:
2.20.502.1 CL331188 release-keys

Software:

Browser:
Webkit 3.1

is this rootable yet? i had heard that the Froyo update thru HTC/ATT was/is unrootable...can some one tell me

A) is it rootable
B) if it is rootable, could i get directions on how to do so?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Yes, you can root the AT&T Froyo 2.2 update. You need to head over XDA Developers and search for the AlphaRevX software. This will turn the HBOOT security flag off (S-OFF) so that you can then install a custom recovery and root the phone. Alll of the instructions you need are there, just search for them.:)

ediddy406

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can root the AT&T Froyo 2.2 update. You need to head over XDA Developers and search for the AlphaRevX software. This will turn the HBOOT security flag off (S-OFF) so that you can then install a custom recovery and root the phone. Alll of the instructions you need are there, just search for them.:)
ok so can you help a noob again haha...im looking everywhere for info on what to do after i have downloaded the zip file, but im having no such luck...can you help me out?? thanks!

tpbklake

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ok so can you help a noob again haha...im looking everywhere for info on what to do after i have downloaded the zip file, but im having no such luck...can you help me out?? thanks!

* Steps :

1. Settings->Power->Uncheck Fastboot
2. Run latest version of HTC Sync on your PC and connect phone in HTC Sync mode and sync all your files.Remove HTC Sync and not the drivers ..
3. Reboot phone.
4. Settings->Applications->Development->Check USB Debugging
5. Run AlphaRevX and connect phone to PC in Charge Only mode
6. AlphaRevX should recognise your phone and show your Device Serial number, typically it should be something like HTXXETDXXXXX
7. Now type this out in the AlphaRevX page, the Key Generator appears only after you click the 'Download for Windows' link
8. Type out the key in the AlphaRevX software, keeping in mind the upper and lower case letters and press enter
9. AlphaRevX should start doing its thing and I got S-OFF at my first attempt in under 90 seconds
10. If it takes longer, just wait for the 15 minutes mark, if nothing, then reboot phone and retry. Some members got S-OFF after multiple tries

*After a successfull S-OFF

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=14693680

for : fastboot wait device

power on ur phone pressing volume down + power button ..

run the neccessary commands on windows cmd prompt , when it shows wait for device

then click on fastboot on the phone's screen . here click is enabled by pressing the power button !!

* Make sure you have disabled your antivirus and firewall !!

On windows7 if UAC is enable make sure you right click and run it as administrator

peeace

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
* Steps :

1. Settings->Power->Uncheck Fastboot
2. Run latest version of HTC Sync on your PC and connect phone in HTC Sync mode and sync all your files.Remove HTC Sync and not the drivers ..
3. Reboot phone.
4. Settings->Applications->Development->Check USB Debugging
5. Run AlphaRevX and connect phone to PC in Charge Only mode
6. AlphaRevX should recognise your phone and show your Device Serial number, typically it should be something like HTXXETDXXXXX
7. Now type this out in the AlphaRevX page, the Key Generator appears only after you click the 'Download for Windows' link
8. Type out the key in the AlphaRevX software, keeping in mind the upper and lower case letters and press enter
9. AlphaRevX should start doing its thing and I got S-OFF at my first attempt in under 90 seconds
10. If it takes longer, just wait for the 15 minutes mark, if nothing, then reboot phone and retry. Some members got S-OFF after multiple tries

*After a successfull S-OFF

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=14693680

for : fastboot wait device

power on ur phone pressing volume down + power button ..

run the neccessary commands on windows cmd prompt , when it shows wait for device

then click on fastboot on the phone's screen . here click is enabled by pressing the power button !!

* Make sure you have disabled your antivirus and firewall !!

On windows7 if UAC is enable make sure you right click and run it as administrator

Hi,
I am noob too. I managed to get to the s-off part. I am lost after that. I have a froyo aria phone. All I am trying to do is install non-android market apps. HELP PLEASE!!
Thanks!

Tuckerfan

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I've got S-off accomplished, but when I try to run fastboot on my Win7 PC, I get a brief flash of the cmd box on the screen, then it disappears. I've tried turning off my anti-virus and running the program as administrator, but no dice. What's going wrong and how do I fix it?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
After reading about this for so longi finally did it and put cm7 with g apps on my Aria.

Also because it's past it's warranty period lol.

Anyways, first time doing anything like this (rooting) and it went smoothly. Scary at first, but after a few bumps in forgetting which step i was on all is well. Took about an hour just cuz i wanted to be careful.

Now I'm gonna try to delete stock apps and free some space lol

the_d00b

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. So I am a bit late coming to the rooting party, but I think this is were I want to be posting.

I have the AT&T Aria with Android 2.2.2 running on it and have been in and out of forums trying to find the right process for me as I very new to this. So i guess I shall start from the beginning. I started at LifeHacker for articles on rooting which redirected me to The Unlockr article using unrevoked claiming it to be the easiest way to root. I gave it a shot and everything was going well until the end when it said it did not take as my software was too new, which I guess I should have figured beforehand.

So I check out the comments and sure enough i am not the only one and find the link to the Revolutionry beta by alpharev and unrevoked. I wanted to do a bit more searching before going for it and it led me both here and this thread at XDA: [Info] After Revolutionary: install Clockworkmod, root & more - xda-developers

I figured it seemed not too complicated. So I go ahead with it and managed to get as far as getting the S-OFF on my device and many failed attempts to get the recovery img on the other thread working, resulting many times my machine telling me it cannot find the AdbWinApi.dll.

Through out the thread many folks were having a variety of issues, including this one and others were having success. Many other folks have tried detailing what to do, but I am still not quite getting it. I was hoping since this thread and the xda one were similar, I may be able to get some help either continuing with the recovery img process or if anyone has any other process i should try.
Thanks

Edit: Made some more stupid checks and found out during some of the steps I was in fact being stupid. According to the steps in the XDA forums, I am rooted. But is there anywhere I can check that it will say it is rooted?

Last edited:

Tuckerfan

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
If you're rooted, there should be an app in your app drawer titled "Superuser." The icon will be of the android bug, wearing an eye patch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2