What's the point?

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
How will this phone change the landscape at all? And seriously sprint?!?!?!?!

I just don't think this will end up being of benefit to sprint or HTC in the end.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I really don't get it either. If they were looking to make a midrange phone and sell it for $400, I would better understand the 2 year old specs. However, it's $600. $100 more than my G5 for what? Water resistance? Nice feature it really is, but it's not something that would pull me away from my G5. It's a confusing direction that HTC has taken. They depend on the minority of Android users that can appreciate their product, snapdragon 810 doesn't enforce that at all.

afazel

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Supposedly HTC and Sprint worked closely together to design this phone to take advantage of all of Sprint's new network technologies and be fast out of the box. There's a 50% off Black Friday sale. I'll probably pick one up on upgrade to get out of my lease if the reviews pan out.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Supposedly HTC and Sprint worked closely together to design this phone to take advantage of all of Sprint's new network technologies and be fast out of the box. There's a 50% off Black Friday sale. I'll probably pick one up on upgrade to get out of my lease if the reviews pan out.

Work just upgraded me to this phone I must say it's super fast on their network much faster then the iPhone 6 on their network

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I live in Denver where Sprints Advanced LTE is. And wow, is it fast! Which is the point of this phone. It isn't the "Fastest" Sprint phone based on CPU performance, but the fastest internet speeds. Which is the point of this phone.

I got this phone on their Black Friday special at half off. Even though it is using the Snapdragon 810 SOC instead of a newer 820 or 821 it is well worth the money for $300.

RobIgnatowicz

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
McPlot is correct. One of the best selling points for the HTC Bolt is support for 3x20 MHz Carrier Aggregation. Which is super fast! Sprint has started to deploy three-channel carrier aggregation many markets (Chicago, San Francisco, Minneapolis, Dallas, Denver, Kansas City, Cleveland and Columbus). If you happen to be living in one of those markets I would certainly take the HTC Bolt for a test drive. Other things many customers are looking at is the slightly larger screen (5.5"), the included Hi-Res adaptive headphones (earbuds) and a having a general preference towards HTC. I've compared the Bolt head to head with an HTC 10. I only found trivial speed differences (in terms of CPU) and the Snapdragon 810 is nothing to discredit in terms of speed and suitability. You also get Android 7.0 right out of the box which the HTC 10 hasn't seen yet. If you're a fan of HTC, don't knock anything till you check one out in person. The HTC Bolt is a very nice phone overall.

-Rob Ignatowicz
Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech