VR Headset

oldsauce

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
Im looking to start indulging in some mobile vr: google cardboard, and FPV drone piloting. The software is there (or so it seems) but im curious what everybody's thoughts were on the best potential headsets that are compatible with the Bolt. I was just going to give the Cardboard headsets a go, but figured i would check with anyone whos had first hand experience. Thanks!

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The phone does not have the right processor for Daydream, so all you can get is a Cardboard headset. And even then, you would not want to us it for VR. It works, and works well, but the processor starts to heat up fast. The phone will then start to turn off bluetooth, so you lose your controller. Then it just starts to lag and makes VR unusable. I use a plastic headset I got from Microcenter. I have seen them at Walmart too. The from is fairly open so there is a good amount of airflow. When I want to play some VR games or watch a 180/360 video, I often sit in front of a fan or my AC unit to help the phone keep cool.

The problem is the processor just gets too hot. It makes it not worth doing VR with the Bolt.