I just got my new Status and I agree with the other posters. It's a great device for business. I can type emails and text messages 3X faster than the standard android touchscreen. Doesn't matter which keyboard I load up on my touchscreen device, nothing is as fast as this perfectly spaced keyboard.

Two things:

1. Has anyone found a way to remap the "facebook" button? It would be great to get that button to bring up Gmail or something, right?
    2. I'm having a weird problem with the caller ID. I've connected to my Gmail accounts (two of them) and all my contacts show up correctly in the phone. The problem occurs when someone calls my phone. No caller information comes up. Just the phone number (in this format xxxxxxxxxx.) That's very, very annoying. These contacts work with every other Android phone I've ever used.

I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem, or if I'm just missing something that should be obvious.

Thanks,

Tom
    08-03-2011 08:38 PM
    I should also add that I'm running Google Voice, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. When I call my cell phone number direct from a phone that's already in my contact list, no caller ID information comes up. Checked with the AT&T store today and they couldn't reproduce the problem on their demo phone.

Hmmmm. Any ideas?
    08-04-2011 11:44 AM
    I have not experienced that issue on my phone, maybe it's a carrier issue? I had some weirdness happen once awhile back and it was because of the formatting of the area code like (555) 555-5555 vs. 555-555-5555. On my Mac it's easy to consolidate and fix them all at once so that is what I did, and then re-synced the whole lot with my gmail account.

Sorry, I wish I could help more. You could always exchange it for and see if it's some kind of defect with the phone.

Cheers
    08-10-2011 07:53 AM
    I am not a techie, but I can tell you I was having the same problem. I took it into the AT&T store. They were baffled but FINALLY figured it out. It had something to do with linking my Gmail contacts. They un-linked them and TA DA!!! It works. I am having another problem.. I will address it in a separate post, but my keyboard doesn't light up except for EVERY once in awhile and it usually won't stay on for more than a minute when it does work. Even when I am in the dark. VERY frustrating.
    08-18-2011 08:34 PM
    I think carriers play up with the phone too much and end up damaging them.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk
    01-24-2012 07:32 AM