Device page

Specs:
2.6 inch screen at 480 x 320
5MP rear camera with LED flash and auto-focus
Front-facing VGA camera for video chat
Physical QWERTY keyboard
Facebook button

Availability:
"The HTC ChaCha and HTC Salsa smartphones will be available to customers across major European and Asian markets during Q2 2011. In the United States, AT&T and HTC are exclusively bringing this unique user experience to market later this year." - via HTC PR

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i wouldnt want a phone that has facebook integration. i barely use the app as is now.

Exactly...It seems like it's almost being forced on those of us who don't use, nor want to use Facebook. A software app is one thing, but when it's a button on the exterior making it a hardware button, it's another. If anything, a button that brought up email or texting apps would be a better choice...IMO

d2globalinc

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend and I just removed our facebook accounts last month.. Soooo sick of that thing and haven't looked back since.

A facebook button is the worst idea ever.. it's like an april fools joke... what happens when the next facebook comes out and everyone switches to that :p

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Imo its not that bad of a looking phone. Not a phone for me but not that bad. I'm not on facebook 24/7 but alot of people are and I think these phones will be a big hit with 12-18 yr olds. It looks better then the charm.lol

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, i can already see dev's having a field day with that button. It wont be exclusively for facebook for very long i can tell you that :p

This might attract some Blackberry users, who knows.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
HTC didn't sell out. At the end of the day they are a company that's in the business of making money. Having a Facebook button will certainly help with that in a certain demographic. If it starts showing up on high-end devices I might be singing a different tune.

Heck if having that button means they update the app for everyone I'm all for it.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, i can already see dev's having a field day with that button. It wont be exclusively for facebook for very long i can tell you that :p

This might attract some Blackberry users, who knows.

That was my first thought when I heard about this. Imagine being able to route it straight to any app. And apparently it glows...notifications anyone?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Heck if having that button means they update the app for everyone I'm all for it.

This. Please. Now.

I bet they've tripled the sales of this device just by adding the button. I know plenty of people who wouldn't think twice about this phone without it, but would definitely consider getting it with that button. In the end, that's more people on Android (particularly young people), which just helps the platform. Unless this thing just sucks and runs them off.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
That was my first thought when I heard about this. Imagine being able to route it straight to any app. And apparently it glows...notifications anyone?

It'd be cool if the button could be configured to pull up any apps, pictures, music, or files in general you want. Even "Add New Contact" or "SMS ____" or "E-mail _____" (so-and-so, like Bob, for instance). Basically, blackberry users would know this as "Quicklaunch" on their phones, one of the most popular apps ever developed (by a guy known as "CheetahAce" over at Crackberry). If this button could be configured for as many unbelievable uses as Quicklaunch has, I might give this phone many looks!

Julez6245

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Haha route it to SMS or Email and everytime you get a new message it'll glow, how cool!

This thing looks promising, but a phone just like this with a three inch screen and dual core processor would be better ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Haha route it to SMS or Email and everytime you get a new message it'll glow, how cool!

This thing looks promising, but a phone just like this with a three inch screen and dual core processor would be better ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

To us, yeah. but I think HTC is going for the teen market with this (maybe even mom's, they seem to like facebook these days).

Rhody

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I would love that form factor. I love Android, but I don't watch movies or play games on my phone. Every manufacturer is focusing on the big-screen, battery sucking devices. I want a small device with a qwerty keyboard and a long-lasting battery that also runs Android.

I don't love the facebook button. I hate that it's on AT&T.

softhunter

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm still looking for a decent Android phone with vertical qwerty keyboard. Too bad Dell makes the Venue Pro for WP7 instead of Android. Motorola Droid Pro seems OK except the low resolution on a relatively big screen. A phone with 2.6 inch @480x320 seems OK enough.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I avoid facebook like the plague mostly because of privacy concerns, so this phone obviously isn't for me. I agree that it does sort of force facebook on those of us who don't use it. Design wise it isn't bad though, very Blackberryish in my opinion. And I know that there are going to be a lot of facebook users who appreciate the facebook button, but I can't help but wonder what happens when facebook's popularity is inevitably eclipsed by some other social networking site. I suppose it will be up to the devs to deal with that situation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800