HTC Desire 516

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone!! I think my almost 5 year old Nokia phone should be replaced now. My options for a new phone are limited here. I was thinking about getting the HTC Desire 516. Do any of you use this phone or have ever used this phone in past? How is this phone's performance? Is this phone worth of its price? The price tag of it is still a bit over my budget but I am hoping there might be a little price cut in the beginning of the next year. I know this is not appropriate to ask about HTC Desire 516 here because the section is for the Desire 510 but as the one I'm asking about belongs to the Desire 500 series so I posted my thread here. And I'm open to other options within the same price range so feel free to suggest other models if you want.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What are other phones you are considering? I am not saying to avoid this device, just curious.

From an AOSP M8

Raveesh Wadhawan

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
i suggest u to not to buy desire 516 worst phone ever .worst battery no bootloader cant root this phone ... no fastboot only internal memory of 2 gb cant move to sd card not a single app ... i registered here just to suggest now u can think how much bad it is

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, I also read some really negative reviews on this particular model from HTC. One common problem is the battery backup with this one; I read a comment of one of the Desire 516 user stated that the phone was fully charged when he left it before going to bed and in the next morning there was 90% charge left. I mean in stand-by mode (I don't know what is the proper term for it) how come within 7/8 hours a phone loses 10% battery backup? I am hoping that it is not common for all the android phones.

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
In my country Moto G 2014 hasn't become available as of yet. I like the Moto G 2013 edition though. Let's see what will be its price tag. How about the LG one that I picked?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie